Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:35 pm 

i have been buying bits and pieces this winter for my 510 project as i cant seem get motivated enough to brave the cold and get out in the shed to do much else. i bought some wheels in from the uk a few years back for my peugeot 205. even thought the car was sold the wheels are still hanging around and not in use. they dont belong to me but im looking at trading them back for some parts etc.

the only catch is they are 4x108 pcd. i can get them plugged and redrilled to 4x114.3 for $80 a rim. they are 15 x 6.75 +8 offset. which means they sit on the car really well but need a bit of work.

has anyone had any experiences with re drilled wheels? im told by the place that does them that they press in a oversized plug and re drill them to suit. would they be worth the trouble?

pros
1. in my opinion they look good
2. fitment is ideal ie width offset etc.

cons
1. need to have them re drilled
2. centre needs to be re machined to suit 280zx hubs
3. all the machining may make the wheel weaker?

is putting italian wheels on a japanese car a big no no? considering you can get JDM wheels for around a grand am i wasting my time? for some reason im drawn to them because they are different. somebody please put me out of my misery :lol:

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
02-11-2011_68477213.jpg [ 849.98 KiB | Viewed 1010 times ]
[ attachment ]
20130702_163614.jpg [ 86.71 KiB | Viewed 1010 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:00 am 

Mate, if YOU like 'em, go for it. It'll be something different and it's cool to be an individual.

If the place doing the work has the experience with drilling out the centre bores, etc, it should be fine. If you're not sure you could always call an engineer to check the legality or ask a wheel & tyre expert (Like Craig at Trackside tyres or Andrew at Traction tyres).

BTW, I like 'em....

Cheers!