Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: what is a sunny?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 pm 

I just bought a daily sunny while my 200B is getting her engine built AGAIN!.
Its a B310 1980. Are they a stanza shell? Somebody told me everything is set up to cop an L series? Like the mounts and tunnel? What is interchangeable upgradable? I also read they were the same dimensionsas the early silvias? But I really dont know... ive been right through wikki and cant get much info. Engines smoky so im tossin up an a15 or Ca defs cant afford sr and then its even more crap and $$ if I want it turbo.

Thanks for any info.

Post subject: Re: what is a sunny?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:21 pm 

A sunny isn't a stanza but to fit a Lseries,drop in the stanza front crossmember

GET THAT DATSUN DIFFERENCE!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:13 pm 

Ohh ok, that helps heaps. Thanks. What else do you know about mods in them? Is a A15 a "bolt in" job or is there a few things too be done? Id have an a15 5 speed bolted too it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:58 pm 

The wagons came with a A14 in them if that helps. They wont take a L20B on the Stanza Crossmember as the bonnet won't close. Although its only by a small amount. I have no doubts a L18 will fit but I think the standard downdraft carb may still sit to high. If you want easy I would head down the A15 path.
I did an L20B conversion to mine, I have a build thread in the members cars.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:15 am 

I dont mind hacking the bonnet as im kind of thinking this will end up rallg car as soon as the 200B is back on the road it has a bit of rust. Are you definate that every wagon came with a14? Thats awesome im gonna aim for that, a15's are getting expensive and for 100cc? Pfft spend the extra money on some S U's. Link your thread? Thanks heaps

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:10 am 

Snarfty wrote:
The wagons came with a A14 in them if that helps. They wont take a L20B on the Stanza Crossmember as the bonnet won't close. Although its only by a small amount. I have no doubts a L18 will fit but I think the standard downdraft carb may still sit to high. If you want easy I would head down the A15 path.
I did an L20B conversion to mine, I have a build thread in the members cars.
I had a 310 sedan with a std s2 bluebird l20b motor and auto...but didnt fit myself... it had no bonnet clearance issues.looked all factory,wonder how they did it then

GET THAT DATSUN DIFFERENCE!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:40 pm 

Mines a round headlight version the bonnet is lower in the centre then out at the guards where a square headlight model the centre is higher. There's more then one way to skin a cat. I modified my crossmember and made new crossmember engine mounts. Mite be able to squeeze it in by slotting the bolt holes on the engine mounts on the engine side. I tried 2 different sumps and still couldn't fit it in without the crossmember mod.