Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:04 pm 

Gday Ozdats,

I am new on forum today and in search for info on using S13 parts that can be used on a Datsun 1600.

I have complete S13 rolling shell & spare SR20DET, now on the hunt for project 1600 shell to do as ground up resto/modify.

Would some one be kind enough to do a list of parts compatible to use such as brake system/struts/rear cradle parts etc if so just to give me an idea if I have anything thats useful other than the engine.

Maybe you know a link to a definitive s13 parts list on 1600 page that I could read through.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

eZDat

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 am 

don't know of any definitive parts list. anything will fit with enough modification.
have a search on here for what people have done before.
here are some useful guides for the 910 which have alot in common with the 510
http://www.aussiebluebirds.com/files/91 ... ersion.pdf
http://www.aussiebluebirds.com/files/91 ... pgrade.pdf

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 pm 

Thanks Dobbo,

I ended up finding a 1600 Sedan to start on, so any info regarding mods will be great reference.

Much appreciated mate.

eZDat

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am 

if you have them both side by side, start working it out for yourself, and then post back with a parts list of what works ;)

Alot of useful information could be gained by such a process. I have a few S13 parts in my vehicle, but as above with enough modifications anything can work.

I have in my 1600;

S13 motor
S13 suspension front and rear
S13 front hubs

Probably a few other bits and pieces that are slipping my mind. None of them are a direct bolt in and will work. Each item required supporting modifications. ie custom LCA for front suspension.

I would be intrigued to see if the front crossmember is close enough to work?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:35 am 

Hey Marshy,

I did see a s13 xmember modified to suit but alot of fab required. Would be good if knew a business with the specs & could send mine away to have cut and modded but I havnt found a place who offer this.

I really need get body painted first then start the running gear mods.

So do you run the s13 struts modded & knuckle for s13 hubs ? Or complete s13 xmember?

I'll work it out im sure but thought maybe ask the question and see what responses would give a ballpark idea of what could be used.

Thanks your response just the same. When time comes that ive used any further bits i'll try document with process to modify so maybe easier if other fellows are in same boat.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:59 pm 

im using a reversed 1600 cross member,with handmade LCA to connect the s13 hub, to the pivot pins on the cross member.

Next time I have mine apart ill have a look and see whats involved in the s13 crossmember conversion, because theoretically you could use the 13 rack and pinion steering setup with a change in column.