Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Eastlink 'Safey Cameras'
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:16 pm 

What a joke:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html

The Victorian Government, responsible for putting speed cameras on safe roads.
Blatant revenue raising if you ask me.

We all know the speed cameras on the Western Ring road in Melbourne are a joke. Everyone slows down and then speeds right up. For that one instance EVERYONE is watching their speedo's trying to do 100. You can tell me that's safe driving???
This idiocy has got to stop.

Don't get caught by the new Cash Cow for the Victorian Government:

These camera's are mounted high up in the honeycomb design of the underbelly and special attention has been given that they not be seen from either direction.

GREENS ROAD DANDENONG OVERPASS BRIDGE BOTH DIRECTIONS 6 CAMERAS 3 IN EACH DIRECTION.

Conditions of installation same as above.

EASTLINK TUNNEL RINGWOOD 12 CAMERAS 6 EACH SIDE.

These cameras are located at station box B22 and can move on special slide rails that allow them to be moved forward or backwards between station Box B22 and B35. these are expected to raise the most revenue.

FRANKSTON FREEWAY TO GREENS ROAD OVERPASS DISTANCE 17 STRAIGHT KMS (IDEAL DRAG STRIP).

This area is of major concern for the State Government, at this stage no legislation has been passed for the installation of cameras in either direction until you hit the Green Rd Bridge. Signs have been erected along this 17km strip that indicate 'Speed cameras operate in this area' in both directions but nothing is operating. The Government does not want to project itself as an immediate cash cow and as a result will not introduce them until next year at this stage.
They have placed into the road when the bitumen was poured, electronic trackers which are a new system of detection that works like the ones on the Geelong Freeway that measure you by Time Vs Speed.These are still being tested and measured for accuracy and efficiency.

It is possible that random mobile units may be deployed or hand held speed guns used as it is feared that this strip has become nick named the Dandy Dragstrip by the road crews.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:18 pm 

SR20Datsun wrote:

We all know the speed cameras on the Western Ring road in Melbourne are a joke. Everyone slows down and then speeds right up. For that one instance EVERYONE is watching their speedo's trying to do 100. You can tell me that's safe driving???
This idiocy has got to stop.
I dunno about em being a joke because i got done about 2 months ago on the ring road just before the western HWY, if yr heading towards Hum HWY.

But what you say about it being unsafe to be watching yr speedo is definately true. I was on a 12month good behaviour type thing not long back, one point and i woulda lost my license for a year. The whole time i was more concerned about watching the speedo than the road when crusing in medium traffic (most people sit just above the limit whereas i was trying to stay just below) and almost had accidents because of it. I ended up getting done on the western ring road as i said above doing 5km's over :( Lucky for me though i just went to NSW and got my license there. But i have noticed now that i dont need to watch my speedo i am driving by the limit and not getting so tired due to the stress of watching my speedo.

Its all a joke as far as i'm concerned. A money raising joke.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:05 am 

at least they didnt put those point to point cameras in like on the hume where it also measures your average speed over a 50km distance and if your average is over the acceptable time to coer that distance you MUST have been sppeding and get done.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:27 am 

I think they are putting those in too.
Someone check or know this to confirm?

Basically they are going to turn the whole road into a piece of $hit. Not to mention the supposed 'bus lane' they are putting down Springvale road.
I'm looking forward to 5 years time when the whole toll way will be chockers full of traffic just like the South Eastern/Monash car park.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:31 am 

SR20Datsun wrote:
I think they are putting those in too.
Someone check or know this to confirm?

Basically they are going to turn the whole road into a piece of $hit. Not to mention the supposed 'bus lane' they are putting down Springvale road.
I'm looking forward to 5 years time when the whole toll way will be chockers full of traffic just like the South Eastern/Monash car park.
Haha Yeah! And the speed limit is reduced to 60 - 80km due to never ending roadworks. I am convinced that the ppl that built the M1 did a shithouse job, there hasn't been one time that i can remember that roadworks havent been going on. I often wonder what the autobahns in germany would be like if they were built by these people.
Just hope that the new freeway is better and we can actually do 100.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:37 am 

Riley wrote:
Just hope that the new freeway is better and we can actually do 100.
You mean 95? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:39 am 

Quote:
Just hope..........
So what its 95? My god. All hope is lost. This aint the lucky country at all. Lets ship all our dats over to germany!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:45 pm 

Riley wrote:
Quote:
Just hope..........
So what its 95? My god. All hope is lost. This aint the lucky country at all. Lets ship all our dats over to germany!!!
I'm with you on that one :lol:

You're right baout this Sh*t ouse roads, I was on my way to my mates shop in Oakleigh going through the monash, hit one sectione where they have grinded out the old surface of the road when next thing you know there is half a dozen stones flying everywhere.

One of them hit my windscreen and bang now I have a stone chip the size of a 5cent piece one my 4month old screen :x , and all because these idiots doing the work didn't put up signs up letting people know there's loose stones.

Hopeless!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:06 pm 

And what is the G.O. with all the bloody roadworks on the Monash. Can't these retards get it right the first time?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:13 pm 

Well back a few year ago it was the build of the Citylink and the tunels, the hallam bypass was built, then it was resurfacing and stuff like new dividers and those posts with the thick cables runing through them, then it's the current work of the eastlink and now they're making it wider to fit more cars into the now nicknamed monash car park.

all this goes as far back as 1995!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:44 pm 

They just cant get it right the first time thats for sure. I dunno if it the materials used, or the amount of use it gets, but there is always roadworks somewhere opn the bloody thing. I dont even bother useing the monash to get into the city from chadstone anymore. I have found that Dandenong road is just as quick and doesn't cost you $10 or more.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:06 pm 

bahh, just move to the city or northern suburbs.... is always like that round here.

Westgate is worse for all than eastern burbs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:08 am 

Yeah i know. I used to live near sydney road. That has gotta be the worst road i've ever driven on. I pretty much new every little backstreet along that strip between Fitzroy road and Bell st.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

And just while we're here, don't forget that Victoria is the ONLY state in Australia who will fine you for going 3km/h over the speed limit, even though Australian Law states that your car's speedometer may be 10% out in either direction, or 5km/h (I hear different amounts). And they say it's not revenue raising? I think not.

Victoria - The Place To Be Fined.

Let me get Photoshop working on my computer again and I'll modify my rego plate ;)

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.