Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: coilover sleeve kits
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:02 am 

ah thanks alot dat810 now i have a better idea on what to do. i think ill get the leaf springs reset instead of blocks though and the bushes are farked so im gonna replace em all

oh and it has a a14 with 32/36 weber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:59 pm 

Mad, reset leaf's is an even better way to go. I've never modded a car with leaf's befor, But know not to flip em.
I asked about the engine because i know that the factory brakes arent very good, My mate has a 120 with turbo A12 and when he was free boosting the motor(The more you reved the car the more boost it made, about 30psi at 7g ) the car almost stopped about as fast as it went.
So i thought if you are doing you sturts good time to do brakes aswell. I made this mistake, Should have goon 31 sturts and brakes in the front of my car. So i might be something to look into. As it will make your car stiffer aswell as stop better. I am fairly sure you can use, Stanza, 200B or R31 skyline. Another mate of mine run's the 31 struts and brakes in his sunny. now for my liking it's a little to stiff for the lighter sunny on the street, as it can be a bit bouncy some times. But if you want your car rock solid then that's a good way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:03 pm 

Fark 30 psi, thats alot of boost lol. im getting the leafs reset this week and new shocks then ill look at doing the front next week and yer im thinking of putting s13 brakes on the front eventually but first suspension then when i have more money (school based apprentice) ill upgrade brakes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:29 pm 

Fark off spam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:06 pm 

i came accross these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT the price is right but there not made to be welded on and the ring is not supplied, the threads are alloy, can you weld alloy threads to steel struts?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:21 pm 

As per the other thread, the tops hats are made of rubber, they are cheap garbage.

Regardless of what kit you buy, I'd advise against those and any that you can't actually weld to the strut.