Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:22 pm 

hey guys n gals,

im slowly doing up my old 411 wagon. it has the stock motor in it for now, but i am going to be getting everything else ready before the motor goes in, and i think suspension and brakes will be first.

has anyone previously done a 4 wheel disc conversion to a 411? any pointers would be a massive help. i will eventually be going down the road of an SR20det or a CA20DET, so want some reasonable stopping power.

any suspenson tips would be awesome too. im new to the datto scene so not sure what parts fit on what yet!

cheers
shane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:57 am 

question, by ca20det do u mean ca18det, ca20et/e/s or a ca20 block with ca18 head, cons are an issue with the last one.

also r31 rears and if it has 114.3 pattern like most datsuns then 200b front brakes or other datto moddles should work with some mods, or should i say alot

1979 Datsun Sunny Wagon 13b Turbo conversion: http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=28890

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:50 am 

The closest front brake conversion I've seen is probably sigma discs/calipers/caliper mount onto a 1k wagon as a semi bolt on conversion.

I haven't even had the front wheel off on mine to investigate but I'd say they may work on the 41x series. Will they be enough for a ca18det, possibly not.

Rears are easier, but a custom bracket to mount the caliper is almost a given, could be made out of wood and then replicated into metal.

I think as Dave previously mentioned, there seem to be brake kits out there for sp311's which may be compatible, but would required measuring and inquiries.