Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:00 pm 

Afternoon fella’s I have found a sr20 that is running a ka24de 5 speed gearbox( it is currently in a navara) will this gearbox fit in a 200b? Or should I not bother it is a pretty good price for the motor.... thanks in advance I have been told it is running SR20 bell housing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:04 am 

thefattymatty wrote: *
Afternoon fella’s I have found a sr20 that is running a ka24de 5 speed gearbox( it is currently in a navara) will this gearbox fit in a 200b? Or should I not bother it is a pretty good price for the motor.... thanks in advance I have been told it is running SR20 bell housing
As most gearboxes are around the same size apart from later r33 skyline boxes that are alot wider there is no reason it wouldn't fit in a 200b .Take a few measurments of the navara transmission tunnel and compare to the 200b. You might need a longer/shorter tailshaft but if its a good price then it would be worth it. Assume the ratios would be a little shorter being from a truck compared to car ratios so you might need to also change diff ratios in the 200b if you were doing alot of highway driving as well. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:34 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Yes, if the gearbox was original to the Navara (D21 or D22), and the bell housing swapped to suit the SR20, then it will fit the 200B....as was mentioned above, you may find the gearing very low but you may have some choices with rear end ratio to suit what you want to do. Tailshaft will most likely need shortening slightly (depending on what you have in the 200B) but it will adapt very easily.
Sounds like a deal.....is the SR20 a DE or DET (just my interest)?