Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:33 pm 

^^^ +1 Brad.

That thing looks like Jason Voorhees but without the Hockey mask!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:11 pm 

SIX-TEN wrote:
^^^ +1 Brad.

That thing looks like Jason Voorhees but without the Hockey mask!
now that is farken ugly!! :rofl:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:48 pm 

Reminds me of a VK I saw yesterday... It had a monster bonnet scoop (the rearward venting type) that looked like it was made from cardboard and covered most of the drivers view. yuk.

But then again, each to their own. It probably makes the owner happy and that's all that matters.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:07 am 

i dont think it could be hard to please a vk commodore driver

78 ZH Fairlane 500 Bluesmobile
86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
78 ZH Fairlane 500 Barn find
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:11 pm 

Hi all
I,m a newbie.I have a couple of Nissan/Datsuns.The oldest is a Stanza with a Z18 turbo,Skyline 5sp & Gazelle disc brake rear.The newer car is a GTiR Marble White in colour pretty much stock,except for wheels,exh,bov & suspension.Daily drive is a 97 Falcon RTV ute.Cureently rebuilding a 2Door Stanza for a customer,that looks standard but has some very trick bits in it.Also have a Stanza that my daughter is fixing up as her first car.Looking for a front windscreen for the 2 door if anyone knows where one might be hiding.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:32 am 

Hi.

:D . i have a 120y Coupe in the UK but as there are so few here it's nice to see others around the world. there are only 18 Coupes on the UK DVLA register but i suspect there are only half of these on the road. mine has been dry stored for 15 years before it was 'found' a few years ago. i'm owner number four but it's had three owners within the last few years. i bought the car already modified with a Mazda MX5 engine and gearbox. i have done a fair bit more to the car to keep on improving the ride and handling. the UK cars were very prone to rust so finding one with very little rust is not easy.

there is a build thread HERE which starts with a different owner but i kept the same thread alive.

[ img ]

:D

oh , and i work on old cars for a living 8)

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 am 

Welcome to the forums Bozwell. :thumbsup:

Nice to see a Datto from another part of the globe with an interesting engine transplant, I have to admit the cope/lift back or cockroach as its often referred to here is pretty rare here too, together with the two door sedans but have plenty of 4 doors....

Got any more specs or perhaps plan on making a build thread on the members rides section???

Looks great! :hail:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:29 pm 

Hello,new to this site but not to datsuns.From Federal Way,Washington state USA by Seattle,presently own a 1972 510 2dr sedan,a work in progress but arent they all at some point,L18 with 240z pistons,W53 head,SU carbs,5 spd,3.70lsd,15x7 panasports,coilovers on all corners,will post pics. [ img ] [ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:30 pm 

Hi, new to your site, seems well supported, nicely done. I hail from South Africa and have a really beat-up 610 SSS which I use for historic circuit racing. I'll post something in the rides section.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:11 am 

Hi all my name is Dan.

New to the site first car was a 120Y coupe , have had a couple more since a 240z and a 120y 4 door.

unfortunatly i dont have any atm but have a 120Y coupe and a 4 door on there way just rasing the funds.

Coupe will be mine and the 4 door will be the daughters.

I have noticed that a lot of people have been putting in the more modern motors in the old Y's but im a little old school and will probably keep them A series ( with a bit of work :twisted: )

will post up a build thread when i get them cheers :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:15 pm 

Hey Guys New to this site. My name is Dean.
Currently don't own a dato, But wanted one since I was a young kid. Just waiting on the right one to come up and plus the right funds to turn up in the bank account.

Going to start getting some ideas earlier so I know what to do with it when the time comes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 am 

Welcome guys! I'd casually remind everyone that hasn't set their Location in their Profile to do that at some point, very helpful. :)

Dave

AUS Project: 1972 1600, 3200km old S15 SR20DET, ground up rebuild. SOLD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:34 am 

Hi guys im a newbie, my name is Josh, im 25 from portland Vic,im a big dato fan just cant get enough of them.
My very first car was a 1200 ute with a hot a14, thats wen i got the datsun bug lol, just before i turned 19 i got my 1600, it has an fj20 running twin 40mm webers, turbo fj gearbox with 10in heavy duty turbo clutch, R180 diff and shafts, R31 skyline rear brakes and discs, skyline c210/or 240k front struts with, honda legend rotors with land crusier/hilux.4 pot calipers, custom made adjustable castor rods, strut brace, whiteline swaybar and lots more but thats enough for now.

My 1600 has been off the road for 6 years gettin a face lift, very slow progress but will be worth it, i no longer have my ute i sold that to fund the 1600 face lift, i will post some pics asap, of what my 1600 looked like when i got it, and my old 1200 ute.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:17 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

datsgold wrote:
Hi guys im a newbie, my name is Josh, im 25 from portland Vic,im a big dato fan just cant get enough of them.
My very first car was a 1200 ute with a hot a14, thats wen I got the datsun bug lol, just before I turned 19 I got my 1600, it has an fj20 running twin 40mm webers, turbo fj gearbox with 10in heavy duty turbo clutch, R180 diff and shafts, R31 skyline rear brakes and discs, skyline c210/or 240k front struts with, honda legend rotors with land crusier/hilux.4 pot calipers, custom made adjustable castor rods, strut brace, whiteline swaybar and lots more but thats enough for now.

My 1600 has been off the road for 6 years gettin a face lift, very slow progress but will be worth it, I no longer have my ute I sold that to fund the 1600 face lift, I will post some pics asap, of what my 1600 looked like when I got it, and my old 1200 ute.
Hey mate is your 1600 white and did you buy it off a guy named chris? I think it could be my mates old car :D

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm 

Yeah mate it was white, all the goodies are in a different shell now but neway, cant remember the blokes name, i do remember he had a pretty sweet white 120y two door, not a coupe!, setup as a curcit racer with a z18 turbo, very sweet ride!!!, he was a honda machanic by trade if that helps, would be good if he is the same bloke, i promised him i would send him photos of it wen i finished it but lost his contacs, still tryin to get photos off my old's computer to post up, hopefully get it done this weekend.