Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Harnesses
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:45 pm 

Hey all,

As you may or may not know, I've got a 180b SSS and I'm sick of my retractables slipping off of my shoulder because theyre mounted so low (no b pillar).

i've got skyline seats in it, and i want to keep the back seat. not so people can sit on it, just to keep some warmth in the car and keep the sound down, as it is a daily driver.

what would i have to do to fit harnesses in it? (most probably 3 point). i've read that you need to have retractable harnesses (http://store3.yimg.com/I/soloracerdotcom_1742_553765) to have it legal. (I'm in SA)

Is it possible without spending a couple of million?

cheers,
jase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:26 pm 

so i'm guessing no one knows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:45 pm 

You will not be able to use harnesses if you retain the back seat. The regulations state that if it's there, it can be used.....

You should give the TSA technical section a call & get the final word.

L28ET 240Z
RB25DET WGNC34 Stagea RS-FourV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:12 pm 
ok cheers, I'll have to do that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:11 pm 

Is this for a street car? If it is then as stated you can't legally have a back seat, or it can't be used, and why would you bother for a street car? I have harnesses in my 180B SSS, but I'm reverting back to the rectractable seat belts for street, as it is just a pain getting in and out, and putting them on.

If it is that much of a problem, go looking for a 200B SSS, where they have a locating arm which mounts near the roof, and drops the belt down to shoulder height. There is a mounting point under the roof lining for a belt if you want to go that way. Obviously you'll need to use a retractable belts.

As safe as harnesses are, they really are made for race vehicles, not street cars. They draw too much attention from the Police, and in my eyes are a hassle to use. My 2 cents. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:25 pm 
i'm just trying to find a happy medium....

lapsashes aren't gonna happen cos of the blind spot and retractables slip off of your shoulder.... maybe i'll take a look at the 200b ones..