Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Newer alternator in 260z
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:25 pm 

I bought an L28 FI which is sitting in my 260z. The alternator which came with it is a U K1 14V 60A (although ithas 85A stamped over it..) 22.

On the back it has a male plug which only has one connector, and it also has a screw on type connector for the main power (im assuming). My 260z has a Voltage regulator for the alternator and different plug setup.

Can I safely follow the below instructions to wire my alternator into my 260z ?

I have also found instructions that involve wiring a diode in...but the IR alternators they were using still had the original T connection on the alternator....
Quote:
A simple wiring conversion to use an internally regulated alternator can be done to any 510. First, unplug the stock six terminal 510 voltage regulator and plug in a jumper wire from the WHITE wire to the YELLOW wire in the plug where the regulator was connected. Next, plug in a jumper wire from the WHITE and RED wire to the WHITE and BLACK wire in the same plug. Also, be sure that if your car has a choke heater relay you unplug it from the wiring harness! If you go to a high-output alternator it?s also a good idea to replace the charge wire from the alternator with one of heavier gauge. All that's left is to plug in the internally regulated alternator just like the stock one.