Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: wiring issues
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:12 pm 

didn't want to hijack jimmmy's thread sooo:

with my limited electrical knowledge i was able to wire up the Z18. it works, but i'm thinking it could be done better.

basically everything that requires power (fuel pumps, coils, ecu etc) is run from a relay that is switched by the ignition. the ignition wire that powers this is the one that is energised during both 'ignition on' and 'cranking', if that makes sense.

but i've got some electrical issues. the relay won't 'disengage' when the ignition is turned off. when i pull the handbrake it will turn the engine off :shock:

also sometimes, when i try to start the car it barely manages to turn over, and the battery terminals get really hot, indicated huge current draw somewhere. could be a stuffed starter motor, dunno.

Baz, you were saying something about taking the 'start' signal for the ecu from the black/yellow starter motor wire? anything else i should look into? any explanation why the relay won't disengage?

cheers
gups