Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page « 116 17 18 19 20 21 »
 Post subject: Re: The Confession Booth
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 am 

green200b wrote:
Years ago a friend and I used to catch a northern train line to go and see some girls (the Hurstbridge line for anyone in Victoria). Every time we went up we'd see this pink station wagon in a vacant block by the train line, that never seemed to move. One day, I had a decent look, and realised that it was quite possibly a 200B wagon (having never seen one in person, I think I was 16 at this time). So one day we stopped on the way to have a look. We came across a pink 200B wagon that looked as though it had been dumped. It had rust in the rear quarters, broken windows, and grass growing through it. It had a very nice set of front guards though.....

So a week or two later, we caught the train up there with our tool boxes. In that two weeks the car had had every remaining intact window smashed, and it had been graffitied. The front guards were still good though, so we removed the bonnet and began removing the front guards. Halfway through, a passing elderly gentleman asked what we were doing. I said that we were removing the front guards, and he replied: "But it's my car." I thought he was joking, so I said: "Oh, you own this?" and he replied: "Yes, it's mine."

Both of us sort of froze, having no idea what to do. He looked fairly angry, then said: "Put the bonnet back on while I go inside and call the police." I immediately asked him not to, and after he asked why not, I explained that I was 16, had one of these cars myself, and couldn't find any decent guards, and believing that this car was abandoned, I thought I'd remove them before the council sent the whole car to be crushed. He seemed to calm down a bit upon hearing this, but said that he couldn't work out why it was abandoned when it was parked next to his house, and that he was planning on fixing it up and re-registering it. I looked at all of the smashed windows and the copious amounts of rust, pointed these out to him, after which he explained that it could all be fixed. He then offered to sell me the car for $350. I told him I paid $200 for mine and all it needed was some new front guards, and he said: "Well I suppose I'd go as low as $250."

We exchanged numbers, I never called him or heard from him, and a month or two later the car disappeared. At a guess I'd say the council took it or he rang a wrecker.

i used to stare at that wagon every day on my way home from school. It looked from the train line like besides all the graffiti like it was in good shape and i was always searching for better condition hubcaps. Sadly it dissapeared. I just figured it was dumped.

78 ZH Fairlane 500 Bluesmobile
86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
78 ZH Fairlane 500 Barn find
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm 

Not to do with cars, but i started my mates motorbike up and gave it a rev and i accidently bumped it into gear, it went flying as i still had it wide open and straight into the neighbours fence, the fence is still missing 2 pailings to this day XD

Datsun 280ZX Rally

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:40 pm 

I bought another datsun today. I told my wife I had bought scrap steel. Technically I wasn't lying.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 pm 

a couple of years ago on my old Ford Laser paddock bomb.. i was checking if it was sparking.
One hand holding the spark lead with the spark against one of the bolts in the engine bay and the other on the key..
Anyway sure enough i got a massive electric shock.. FML

1982 Datsun Stanza GX
1966 Nissan Cedric Custom Six
1972 Volkswagen Beetle
1974 Toyota Landcruiser Stallion (SWB)
EziAutoParts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:53 am 

when i was a first year dumb arse aprentice! i had to plug into the ecu, the plug just happend to be hanging behind the serpentine belt :roll: and yep i put my hand in thair while the engine was runing :oops: and whent through 2 pullys before i got it out :rofl: lucky i still have all my fingers :woohoo:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:15 am 
Old Digger

Ouchy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 am 

when i first got my car ( an old xd falcon at the time) i thought id change the rotors and brake pads after id founf the calipers had siezed, when it was done i descided to go for a drive down the paddock and see how it went, but being in a rush and in a very bad mood i had forgotten to bleed the brakes after replaceing the brake hoses and calipers, when i got to the dam and when to pull up i had no brakes needless to say even the hand brake was a bit dodgy and it didnt pull up the car is still sitting in the dam to this day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:14 am 

After a few to many drinks me and a mate decided to see what it would be like to drive my falcon without power steering. Sounded interesting at the time i dont know why. So as i came to a corner i turned of the car. I barely got round the corner which was like turning a house then realised i had no brakes without the power brake. Quick thinking i pulled up the hand brake which made minimal difference. Anyway i hit a kerb and we stopped. I apologised to the car. Realising how close to a fence followed by a house we were.

86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:54 pm 

Forgive me father for I have sinned
"what is it my son?"
I felt it would be ok to hang the back out if my z18et datsun sunny on almost every corner of the royal national park at 3am on a Sunday with my standard h145 diff. I know this is wrong because I have my h165 borg Warner diff being built as we speak but me being so impatient I could not wait to drive it spiritedly with my brand spanking new button clutch. What can I redo to repent my sins?
"undo your diff centre after your friend tows your car home with his land cruiser after you hear that loud crunch and smoosh of metal gears jarring"
But father...
"wait I have not finished you must remove your diff centre and observe the mush that sloops out to see the consequences of your actions"
Thank you father I have lernt alot tonight.
Wow that does feel better

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:16 am 

elliot_williams wrote:
I felt it would be ok to hang the back out if my z18et datsun sunny on almost every corner of the royal national park at 3am on a Sunday with my standard h145 diff. I know this is wrong because I have my h165 borg Warner diff being built as we speak but me being so impatient I could not wait to drive it spiritedly with my brand spanking new button clutch. What can I redo to repent my sins?
Throw out the borg warner diff and get a H190 out of bluebird instead. Only then will you be forgiven.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:14 pm 

James May wrote:
elliot_williams wrote:
Throw out the borg warner diff and get a H190 out of bluebird instead. Only then will you be forgiven.
I really did think about that but my a10 stanza is a bolt straight in conversion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:31 am 

i have to get this of my chest.....here we go.....ok i just watched Eric Banas 'love the beast',and cried like baby...the saddest movie i ever seen. hope his fixing that **** right now, i want to go help him.poor ****. feelin for you ric

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:53 am 

It's been re-built

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:41 pm 

Im glad he chose to rebuild. Its not like the cost was an issue. Hopefully next time he gets a navigator with a brain.

86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:00 pm 

so,my freshly purchased 200b is miss firing for about 5k's then decides to stop it would not go at all.i stupidly unplug all leads put them back in the wrong order and totally forget about it.so after pulling a whole (scortching one minute,pissing down the next) sunday under the bonnet in a pissed off old ladies driveway about 50k's from home.with no tools and nobody to help i repeatadly shok myself 4 times testing each lead and freshly purchasing new leads plugs dizzys cap rotor button and coil,still with no luck i call a tow truck to take it home,ponder over it till tuesday(as i hitchhike to and from work) i wake up 2 am wednesday morning after dreaming about rearanging the plugs.i ran downstairs put them in 1,3,4,2 order and bang!! starts first turn,haha ****.

I once tried to run a leafspring over diff conversion on a suzuki siera i drove 100 meters from home before the diff/driveline knuckle decides to point upwards and hit the floor making it undrivable(i didnt put plates ontop of the axel,allowing the axel to move) and had to redo the whole thing on the side of the road with a torch that ran out of battery just as i finished putting it all back together.....god bless dolphin.

im pretty sure ive dropped the sump plug into the hot oily,oil tray every single time ive done it.

Does anybody on here surf? the feeling of your legrope snapping is similar to snapping a nut.exept you drown and get eaten by octopus,stingrays and eels.......sharks are pussys haha.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page « 116 17 18 19 20 21 »