Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: RIP Baz from Datsport
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:05 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Attachment:
[ attachment ]
received_1069531050441034.jpeg [ 232.69 KiB | Viewed 1766 times ]
I received this screenshot today informing of the passing of Baz from Datsport. This is a huge loss to the Datsun community, so I felt it should be posted up here. Baz gave a lot to the Datsun community and to Ozdat over the years, and there was possibly nobody worldwide as commited, knowledgeable or as motivated as Baz when it came to keeping these cars on the road.

The first time I met Baz was at the 2009 Datsun Nationals. He was more than happy to have a chat over a beer, and welcomed us into his company. Since then I spoke with Baz periodically, about life and Datsuns, and visited him every time I was in Adelaide. The last time was in early 2016, where he was showing me the quality of his reproduction door seals amongst other things. His passion and enthusiasm was second to none.

Hopefully he is off somewhere driving a Datsun at full throttle, right on the edge, because the Baz I remember would not want to be resting in peace! My thoughts are with T'racy and his family and close friends. Truly a great loss. It was a pleasure and a privilege to have know you Baz!

The fleet:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating indefinitiely
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port, 4.375 LSD - daily (currently hibernating)
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport, 4.444 LSD - cruiser (also hibernating)
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:56 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Well said, Alistair.....same thoughts and sentiments from me too.

I didn't know him as well as others but had met a few times in Adelaide and always looked forward to having a chat with Baz when ringing to order or inquire on parts from Datsport....he was great to talk with, was generous with his knowledge and advice and he always followed up enthusiastically to ensure the parts he supplied were working as they should.

One of the Datsun greats and a wonderful person....RIP

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:36 pm 

RIP BAZ, helped me out with plenty of parts. Anyone confirm the Datsport legacy will carry on?