Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:37 pm 

Hey Gents & ladies,
new here because ive run out of patience attempting to find an answer on google search.
We have an RB30 in an R31. the starter motor stopped working and we can only hear the relay click. No power to the starter.
I've tried to jump across the starter feed - with screw driver or hard wire - but nothing.
We collected a new JAS SNB015 starter today and connected it up. Only problem is there is a black wire with female plastic plug where the old active from the relay feed plugged onto.
I have connected the small yellow and green wire - that on the original starter solenoid sits at the bottom LHS.
We've connected up the wire from the relay to the black wire with female plug but it wont do anything apart from click still.
if i run a wire from the main power feed to the starter to the small lug the starter spins.
i suspect that the wiring is back to front. But don't want to blow up a new starter motor.
Has anyone else had these issues. Surely there must be someone else as these JAS starters seem to be available everywhere.
Thanks for your help

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:50 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

All starter motors are usually very basically wired.
The body of the starter is usually the earth (battery negative).
Then the starter has a big 8-10mm stud (battery positive).
Then there is usually a small 5mm stud or male spade terminal that is the solenoid positive which is fed +12vdc when you turn the key to 'start'. This should connect to your black and yellow wire.

The yellow and green wire is your oil pressure sensore wire.