Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:00 pm 

hey guys im really sorry i know there would be thousand of forum bout this but i just want straight answer to me
i have just received my quote from maddat for everything i would need to do for the conversion and im looking at 7k
what i need from u guys is what i should do what parts should i go?? and what have u guys used i was pretty much thinking of just running mainly r31 stuff please help im hopefully looking at spending round 5k with engine and gear box doesnt leave me much i know but i think its a doable thank you for your time

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:40 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

What was included in the quote exactly? Parts only? I assume fitting kit, tailshaft, radiator, intercooler, fuel setup, wiring, r31 struts and disc brakes, booster and master etc?
Write up a list and we might be able to give you more budget alternatives to whats being quoted.
Also what will you be using your car for exactly? Street or racing only etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:49 pm 

pic of the quote

Attachments:
File comment: the quote
[ attachment ]
DSC_0678[1].jpg [ 62.19 KiB | Viewed 1354 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:21 pm 

You just have to decide whether you want new or reconditioned straight bolt in stuff or do you want to put stuff together yourself. Most people will pay for a fitting kit because they are great quality and building your own engine mounts and cross members is pretty tricky. But a lot of folk will get but together there own struts and brakes to try and save some coin. Eg buy the vented rotors and some second hand calipers (rebuild them) and fit them yourself. There are lots of how to threads on this. Equally you could buy your own 7/8 master cylinder (240k) and fit this to your brake booster. You could also save money on rear brakes, intercooler etc. All new bushes and steering components is a good idea. An adjustable rear end is great if you want to spend the dollars but probably isn't necessary, although the biggest exhaust you'll get through the standard crossmember is 2.5 inches (easy fix just make the hole bigger)

Basically its really up to you to read up on each component and decide what you can do yourself and what you want to pay for.