Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:48 pm 

Hi im looking to find a panel beater that does chassis straightening in the Sydney/south coast area. I got my front end sand blasted which uncovered some damage. My front end is out by 10-15mm diagonally and its annoying me :( . also looks like its higher on one side now I look at it. Im sure its an easy and quick fix in the hands of professionals but I cant do it haha

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:56 pm 

Here are some pics

http://ozdat.com/forum/download/file.php?id=28510
http://ozdat.com/forum/download/file.php?id=28509

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 pm 

I am a panel beater from the blue mountains work in Penrith. but almost any smash repair should be able to repair your car. looks like its the skirts?? not the chassis?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:08 pm 

Hey mate im a panelbeater aswel just a quick question have you trembled the car diagonly and also checked the length? You can do this with a tape measure and go from the back guard bolt hole to the very front one and see if they are the same measurements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:29 am 

hey guys thanks for the replies. I thought it might have been the chassis but I know its had a smack and diagonally is out maybe the side skirts are out like you said I don't know haha. how do I check if it is the side skirts? if it is does that mean its easier to fix? I also noticed that one of the bonnet hinges is higher as well. I will measure the first and last guard bolt holes and ill update once I have done it will have to be Friday I have to buy a new tape measure I think my 2 1/2 year old has hidden it lol thanks again guys talk soon