Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:59 pm 

Hi guys i have a problem with my race car with once it has warmed up the idle is sitting around 2500 to 3000rpm. The engine is a ca16 running a silvia manifold with a xf throttle body attached to it and its all controlled by a wolf 3d computer but it has the latest software in it. I have tried a idle control valve and sensor but it has made no diference. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:43 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Has this only happened recently and have there been any changes to the setup?
Naturally aspirated i assume?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:12 pm 

check for a vacuum leak or set the throttle stop lower.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:37 pm 

Its naturally aspirated. Since day dot it hasnt been a great idler but it wasnt to bad it would creep up but would return with a blip of the acclerator but now it is getting worse. There has been no real change in setup i think the only change there has been is with fuel making it more fuel efficent more lean and less rich in areas. I checked for any vacuum leaks or sucking in air and all is ok. Is there a particular idle control valve or sensor that i need to use for this engine computer set up at the moment i have a r31 skyline valve on it but doesnt seem to make any difference

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:30 pm 

1/Ensure the cable has a little slack in it when idling. 2/With the engine off, ensure the return springs are cleanly returning the plate to the idle stop screw, without any sticky spots near the idle position. 3/Check the throttle plate is not loose on the shaft or bent. 4/ check for air leaks in manifold or around TB. (areostart or carb cleaner works well for this) 5/ adjust idle screw to lower idle and add a little advance to the lower temp values of the coolant temp compensation table to bring the idle up on a cold engine. 6/ remove timing at the idle RPM on the main IGN table to lower Idle. You may have to have a higher value at 500rpm than at 1000 and 1500 to prevent stalling on sudden throttle reduction.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:21 pm 

thanks for your help so far we have found that the throttle plate was loose and ended up on a slight angle this has been fixed and also found idle stop screw wasnt touching now just to sort out what idle control valve to use