Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:35 pm 

yeah i am excited, not looking forward to the bugs at dyno. I'm pretty sure they're all gonna come out in one big hit!

that thermo in the boot has got some serious pull. along with the lines running under the car (extra cooling), i think i will see a big drop with inlet temps. If not, ducting etc will be the way to go.

thanks mate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:23 pm 

Well done at Datsun day last week Dan. Was really nice to meet you and see your car in the flesh and it didn't disappoint. Loved the paint and the engine bay as well as the detail on the FJ. All the hard work and effort that you have put into your Datto looks awesome. Congrats on the trophy, oh and the meat tray (you barstard) Wanted that for myself, was getting a little hungry by Sunday arvo after three days on the piss. You have one hell of a nice ride there. Nice one bro'v.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:51 am 

Thanks mate, i would have given the meat tray to you, it's still sitting in the freezer.

I had a great time at Datto Day. The standard of cars (of all badges) keeps getting better every year. I got burnt like a lobster, ate a dodgy kebab, stayed up til 3am friday and saturday night getting the car together, but a couple of trophies, a meat tray and heaps of nice comments made it all worthwhile. Not a bad reward for a car that isn't even finished yet.

No trailer queen next year, hopefully the venue changes to Luddenham Raceway so I can drive there and do some skids ;)

Here some pics.. :thumbsup: :cheers

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:14 pm 

Any updates there Dan?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:38 pm 

not really mate, just need to find a few parts then it's off to dyno.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm 

I decided to install a centre console, as i have nowhere to mount the ewp controller, boost controller and turbo timer. I scored a 200B console in great condition from a well known member, then trimmed and fitted plastic pieces with Devcon to fill the handbrake lever gap. This followed repeated cutting back until joins were smooth, covering in primer putty and a few coats of texture coat then satin black. It came up looking great.

The console doesn't extend as far forward under the dash as i'd like, but i searched for a console for a while, deciding to just use this otherwise i'd never choose one. I'm not using the heater control fascia or dash vents. The centre silver section of the console in now gloss black instead of silver

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

I also resprayed my dash, as the pictures above in the thread show the dash in a grey colour. The grey is still the texture coat. Says black on the can, but finished grey. Apparently texture coat is not a top coat! Anyway a few licks of satin and it now looks a million bucks.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Found my turn signal combination switch was the reason for no r/h blinker or high beam. Searched high and low for a collapsible 'large hole' item, but ended up buying a Niles non collapsible item off eBay and swapping the contacts over.

Had a pain in the arse issue of the front doors not locking :?: :x pulled out several times to check, ended up installing another set, problem fixed.

Lately I've been swapping over little things i'm not happy with. Had the air box and cooler reservoir re polished, changing screws and bolts over etc. It's basically done, just waiting to go to wheel alignment then dyno.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:13 am 

Good progress mate. A bit of fun to work on the small things now isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:02 pm 

Have you rego'd it yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:58 pm 

SR20Datsun wrote:
Good progress mate. A bit of fun to work on the small things now isn't it?
Yep! Finally bit the bullet and got a console. As i said its not the most aesthetically pleasing one (maybe im just ocd), but now i can fit all the small things in place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:05 pm 

sutho510 wrote:
Have you rego'd it yet?
Will be down to Unigroup next month for base tune and enginnering. Hopefully it passes first or second go, then i can grab my plates and cruise for a week straight