Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:05 pm 

The engine bay is finished and the motor is up and running sweetly. :D
[ img ]

Waiting for the tail light surrounds to finish off the tailgate, detailed garnish and dummy lights in the rear.
[ img ]

Shiny NOS badges courtesy of you know who.
[ img ]
[ img ]

It will be sitting on these for now, masking tape whitewall is just a prop for photo purposes and
it will cop bulk lows after rego
[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:24 pm 

lol @ masking tape white walls, that's a win!

Lows are served best in bulk.

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:18 am 

awesome work man. will be great to see it on the road finished!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:11 pm 

The brakes have been rebuilt thanks to Mark **** Legend who, with his aladins cave of goodies, was able to supply and install everything needed including rear wheel cylinders (which i neglected to take pics of) in the blazing sun, while i stood around and done SFA.....Thanks again bro :hail:
Opposing piston calipers now replace the shitty sliders.
[ img ]

New rubber hoses
[ img ]

When i got the car their was 1 inch of water on the floor, the carpet had rotted/been eaten, and lived in by rats, you dont need to see the "before" pics but the interior was a total **** mess, i stripped the whole lot out from front to rear all the way down to metal, vacumed, scrubbed and hosed it out, removed/treated all the surface rust and re painted the bare spots in coldgal, then new underlay and carpets went in. the seats copped 3 days soaking in commercial carpet cleaner then wet vacumed with 10L of hot water each, which looked like tar in the end :shock:

Whats cooler than an old car? an old car with that new car smell :D
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

This is how it sits right after its maiden voyage around the block, 12 months and 2 days after i got it, im starting to feel that smug sense of satisfaction that is similar to that feeling you get when you fart just before you get out of an elevator :rofl:
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Remember this little guy? he says "Dad-dy" now, now i just need to teach him dat-sun....
[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:45 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Just love this car. Great work Dave!

Eathan's keen... LOL

'Nissantiques - Join the Club'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:01 pm 

Yeah its starting to grow on me too :D

BTW i bought 20 of these ball joint/tie rod/drag link boots off fleabay for 37 delivered from the UK. I ordered them monday night and they arrived today, at under 2 each it was the cheapest ive found, got m all at once, didnt need to drive anywhere or deal with a kid behind a counter, value+ :D All the components are good and appear to have been replaced at some stage just the boots are perished.
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 am 

Awesome work dave , look forward to seeing this machine in the tin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:44 pm 

So the last few spare hours on weekends have been spent fitting the rubber boots to everything,new idler bush, new diff seals, painted the diff and most of the under body, new shocks front and rear, new spare tyre winch, removed a litre of this clay like mud from my fuel system and fitted the trumpets and socks to the carbs, i also sand blasted and painted the taillight surrounds for now and either rechrome them later or keep an eye out for a good set.........(anyone have any leads?)
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

SCORE 1 FOR REGO BABY **** YEAH :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Custom plates on their way, but these ugly bastards are legal so WGAF :woohoo:

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:55 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

...drives real smooth too! Damn those Su's, LOL

Well done!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 pm 

So this week ive been cautiously venturing further from home in the quest to shake out the remaining bugs that lurk in the corners of the wagon, the first as to work out why it totally blocked fuel filters after 10km :? I initially flushed the tank via the drain plug, but that was no good, so out it came......i now have a bucket with 3litres of what looks like clay in i :shock: 250km later and still no sh*t in the filter :wink:
Friday morning i drove to work in it :woohoo: cruising along i smell a curious odour, sort of like golden syrup,mmmm i shouldnt have skipped breakfast, then i think, ohoh i remember that smell, and a quick glance at the temp gauge confirmed my fears

[ img ]

HOLY sh*t **** man, hung a U turn and headed for home...It wasnt pretty under the bonnet.......

[ img ]

FFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
I rang Mark in a panic who convinced me it would be something minor, i wasnt convinced it would be a simple fix, i mean why would it overheat at 6 in the morning in 19 deg temps?I pondered Marks suggestions for a few hours and finally out of curiousity i removed the rad cap, straight away the problem was obvious, the shaft under the cap that the sprung seal arrangement is mounted on was bent :shock: i must have done it when i checked the coolant the night before :? and when the thermostat opened first time it ejected half of the coolant from the system, anyway i put a new cap on it and refilled the coolant and headed down to harrys cafe de wheels for a pie.

[ img ]

There doesnt seem to be any ill effects from the coolant issue,it runs under half on the temp needle and it made the drive without missing a beat,and while the diff sounds like a rock crusher, its super comfortable to drive,goes pretty good for an old tank and sounds **** wicked at full throttle. This ones going to be a keeper :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Oh wow....you had me worried sick but I wasn't anywhere nearby to help out. :?

I hated that cap from the very first time I saw it... :lol:

Car looks awesome from any angle Dave!

Diff next weekend. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:36 pm 

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!!!!

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:44 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Well, as it turns out, I have an RDO next Wednesday. Soooo, I'm thinking that it would be cool to go down to WSID for a little straight line action. Then I had an idea, why doesn't Dave come with me and we could give our 280's a run down the track against.....each other! :thumbsup:

It makes total sense....my old engine in his new car and his old engine in my 280. His is manual, mine is auto, he runs stock N42/N42 combo with twin SU's and I have a P30/Y70 combo with a 4 barrel Leak. Both have EI and headers, he has a 2 inch pipe, mine is 2.5 but his is louder, loud enough to scare Magies @ 100 clicks on the highway. :lol:

I'm trying to convince him.....

C'mon Dave you know you want to. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:47 pm 

Bro if we go to the drags, this is the view i will most likely have of your car..............
You can skip to 1:07 for the fun stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ivf4XQDis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 am 

You cedric drivers are HOONS :thumbsup: