Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: Cam's 180BSSS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:55 pm 

Bit of an update with some good news and bad news.

On satday just gone I got the car on a trailer a took it up to my tuner in Bendigo.

He got a good tune into it :) , but it developed an exhaust leak (from the manifold) over the day which ended up being pretty nasty so he wasn't able to get it making more than 4psi boost :|

Since getting it home I've changed the inlet/exhaust gasket and started her up. It sounded great so I went for a quick spin. By the time I got home It was leaking exhaust again :(

I guess next time I change it i'll have the manifold machined.

It's really testing my patience cause I know it's close but I can't be arsed stripping it down again.

Anyway it idles and revs nice, so the tune is good. check out the pics from the w/e

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
RIMG0002 (Medium).JPG [ 252.22 KiB | Viewed 1012 times ]
[ attachment ]
RIMG0003 (Medium).JPG [ 278.56 KiB | Viewed 1012 times ]
[ attachment ]
RIMG0011 (Medium).JPG [ 76.52 KiB | Viewed 1012 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:40 pm 

Nice seats............Do you still have the old ones?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 am 

Yeah I still have the original seats. They are pretty hammered, and I'm hanging onto them in case in ever need them for a rwc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:55 am 

Hi all, time for an update. Unfortunately it's been quite a case of one step forward two steps back.

After not being able to get the exhaust manifold to seal to the head, i took it town to a local joint to be machined. That all went well, but i noticed the turbo shaft was really bent. So I got a second hand turbo. Unfortunately this needed to be clocked. As anyone who's ever done this before will know it takes quite a bit of muscle. Eventually i loosened it up but in the process I snapped the turbo shaft. It turns out the turbo I've been using of an rb20det has ceramic shafts which are really weak :?

Anyway I've just bought an aftermarket turbo with steel shafts and wheels to suit the rb20det, so I should be ready to fit it on the weekend. It'll no doubt be a bit laggy on my l20, but I didn't want to refab manifolds and exhausts so I went with it anyway. After all this stuffing around I'll be happy with anything that goes, boosts and doesn't leak exhaust.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:42 am 

I'm sure it will all work out in the end looking forward to hearing your results from the weekend!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:11 am 

Cheer up man.

In the end it will be a better set up. Nice "B" :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 am 

After doing nothing on the car for a while, I've made some great progress lately. I fitted a new turbo, got an intercooler in there as well as a catch can, a fuel pressure reg, and a few other bits and pieces. I've also taken the time to upgrade the headlights and alternator so its ready for the road. I finally got around to fitting my 240k brake mc so I can make the most of the verada rotors and commodore calipers.

I've had a guy working on intercoller piping and the tune and just got it back on saturday.

He got 127kw and 330nm or torque out of it on 11psi, and I have to say it goes really well. :D

Next step is to clean up a few bits and pieces then put her on club plates.

I may even make the buxton cruise. :P