Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:13 pm 

i'll check that site out for wheels thanks mate, and the mirrors aswell. And Millsy im pretty sure i will head down the A15 direction now

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 pm 

Hope to see photos soon. My second Sunny was a Van, spent 5 years delivering Pizza's for the Hut in it. Still got it stuck in a shed but it's got bad rust & was rear ended by an old lady in a corolla. I'd recommend a stock-bore A15 with a small cam, a properly jetted 32/36 DGV weber & a 4-2-1 extractors & it'll be a nice, nippy car to drive. The diff doesn't need replacing, the brakes don't need upgrading, just make sure they're in good condition. If you want to put bigger brakes/front struts the ball joints are already the right size. If you want to lower the car, I'd suggest you see if you can get some stock Stanza front springs, they're shorter & stiffer than Sunnys. If you want to drop the rear end, I'd suggest you get the second leaf spring reset, like I did. I got a 4wd guy to do this, as he was the only suspension place I could find that 'talked' leaf springs. Also you should use urethane bushes in it. Rear shocks are the same as 1200/120Y wagon ones, front inserts dont need replacing if you renew the front insert oil. You can replace the insert fluid with motorcycle fork oil or Quality motor oil. Tell the counter-jumper at the motorbike shop you've got a Harley & he wont ask questions. A nice set of 13's or 14's on the car will round out the picture, Hotwires, Jelly's or such. Check Ebay for rims, I got some Jelly's, some Hotwires & some Bathurst style mags in the last year.
Also, check around the roof for signs of rust. This seems to be a problem with this body style, as my Van was badly rusting at the rear corners, & this seems to run around the head liner, as happened to a friend when he had a Van as a work car.
Thirdly, please fill in your profile to tell us where you are. It helps us if we know where you are.Somebody on here let me know about a Sunny coupe in a wrecker in Wollongong, because he knew I was in Sydney. Pity that car was rusted in each panel except the tailgate & they'd used a slide hammer to pull the rear lock out, which ruined that panel. So knowing where you are can help us help you.