Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:56 am 

In my 260C wagon, there is a door switch (the white plastic finger in the chrome donut type, not the 180B type) on every door. All the switches were a bit iffy when I first got the car but I've cleaned up the connections and they all seem to work fine now. But there is a problem

The front door switches just seem to turn the interior light on when it is in "door" mode as expected. The rear door switches however, ONLY switch on the little red 'step lights' in the rear door trims, but they should switch those step lights on and the interior light, surely. I'm looking at the wiring diagram and it all confuses me a bit but those switches are definitely connected to the 'room lamp' circuit somehow. What could be going wrong?

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:39 am 

Turns out nothing is going wrong haha. They are on the same circuit (use the same fuse and share a few wires etc) but they aren't designed to activate that interior light.

My friend had a look at the wiring diagram and explained to me how I can rig it up to turn on the interior light with any door open, but then opening the front doors will turn on the rear 'step-lights' too. No biggie, I might do it later on down the track.

1999 GXE10