Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:27 pm 

so i have my ignition barrell, barrell finisher and column cover on my steering column, but the cover doesnt seem to secure over the column very well. it flaps in the breeze actually.

there are two holes at front on bottom section of cover, do they bolt to something?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 pm 
Old Digger

yep the bottom cover bolts onto the indicator switch boss. Sometimes you may find also the lower part of the cover flaps araound too. I used electrical tape wrapped around the column to build the diameter of the column up a bit. I'm assuming you are using a standard 1600 indicator setup and covers?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 pm 

MYDATO wrote:
yep the bottom cover bolts onto the indicator switch boss. Sometimes you may find also the lower part of the cover flaps araound too. I used electrical tape wrapped around the column to build the diameter of the column up a bit. I'm assuming you are using a standard 1600 indicator setup and covers?
ah righto. all makes sense now. i'm still trying to find a decent (or new) combination switch to suit a 38mm column. the elec plugs on mine are smashed, and for some reason the previous owner painted it. not gonna work so well.

i bought a 1600 JDM cover from craig (tokyo 2u), the one with hazard and separate park lights.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:43 am 
Old Digger

I've got a whole bunch of spare 1600 indicator switches. I'll have a look at there condition for you tonight if you want?