Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: My 77 Datsun 260c 330
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:23 pm 

Hi Guys, new to this great forum thought i would post you a few photos of my 260c
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
She is a 1977 260c 330 saloon with 4 speed manual transmission, i think the 260c 330 was only imported into the UK for about ten months as a saloon before it was superceded by the 280c 330 and as such was an extremely rare car.
I think mine is probably the only 260c 330 saloon still road legal in the UK although there are still a few 280c 330's around (very few).
I am the second owner of this car i have owned it since May 2002, since owning it it has had both front wings replaced and new sills fabricated from scratch a lot of parts were replaced with new oldstock items back in 2002 some of which i bought from DATMAN and RATDAT over here in the UK, such as the tail lights tail light centre panel Badges centre section of the radiator grille headlamps one bumper overider front indicator lenses etc it has covered 62000 miles from new and other than the period Cosmic slotmags and full stainless steel powerflow exhaust it is totally standard.
I am really pleased with my cedric and have wanted to own a 330 saloon from the age of 13 when i was bowled over with the styling after seeing a brand new red 330 260c in the showroom of our local Datsun main dealer in Bournemouth UK.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:37 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sweet! Nice Cedric. I'm loving that RAC badge too - I have one of those somewhere.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:37 pm 

Clean!!! :thumbsup:
I liking the front grill - looks like a coupe grill? what cars did they come on in the UK... I swear I'll never get a full catalogue of which cars had which grills, there's so many! Very cleanly touched up: I like!
Your exhaust.... How did you overcome the clearance issues for larger exhausts around the rear diff?
Keep it pretty!

-pete

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:51 pm 

kolonelklink wrote:
Clean!!! :thumbsup:
I liking the front grill - looks like a coupe grill? what cars did they come on in the UK... I swear I'll never get a full catalogue of which cars had which grills, there's so many! Very cleanly touched up: I like!
Your exhaust.... How did you overcome the clearance issues for larger exhausts around the rear diff?
Keep it pretty!

-pete

That is a standard 260c 330 saloon grille and was only available on the 330 saloon and estate over here in the UK as we didn't get the coupe or hardtop.

It is only a slightly wider bore than standard and went over the axle with no problems its just the tailpipe that is making it look a bigger bore system.

Thanks for your positive comments guys. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:00 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

B...E...A...U...T...I...F...U...L :thumbsup:

This car is a credit to you. Well done!

I hate that rear number/licence plate though....can you 'trim' it down to the same size as the one on the rear of that Lexus maybe? Just a thought.

Cheers mate and welcome to the site!

:cheers

'Nissantiques - Join the Club'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:08 pm 

[quote="ozconnection"]B...E...A...U...T...I...F...U...L :thumbsup:

This car is a credit to you. Well done!

I hate that rear number/licence plate though....can you 'trim' it down to the same size as the one on the rear of that Lexus maybe? Just a thought.

Cheers mate and welcome to the site!

:cheers[/quote
Hello Mate
Datsun dealers had a thing about oversize plates on UK cars in the seventies hence the reason i had them made i do still have the original aluminium plates with the raised plastic letters that i may fit back on someday

Is your name Mark if so i believe we met over here in the UK when you came over for the Japanese Auto Extravaganza in Northampton i took my 330 to the show there when i had first bought it.This is that same car.
Regards
Graham

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:39 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Hi Graham, your memory serves you well....and Hello again! :D

It's great to see that you still have your car. These cars get into your blood and they become part of your existance and who you are. I can tell you are a kindrid brother.

I sometimes think of my visit to the UK and about whom I met and what I saw. A great adventure and one I hope to repeat someday. :cheers

All the best to you Graham and please post some more photos of your machine, I'd like to see your wheels too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:58 pm 

ozconnection wrote:
Hi Graham, your memory serves you well....and Hello again! :D

It's great to see that you still have your car. These cars get into your blood and they become part of your existance and who you are. I can tell you are a kindrid brother.

I sometimes think of my visit to the UK and about whom I met and what I saw. A great adventure and one I hope to repeat someday. :cheers

All the best to you Graham and please post some more photos of your machine, I'd like to see your wheels too.
Great to hear from you Mark, as requested here are some more photos of my 260c including some shots of the wheels.I have also cleaned up my original licence plates so that i can refit them as i have had two negative comments about them so i shall refit the originals thanks for your comments mark i have been looking at your 280c on here and youtube and it is the dogs danglies glad to see you still have it.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:40 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Absolutely awesome photos Graham! Your car looks fantastic. :D

I particularly like the shots with the vehicle carrier, the car has a nice balance between original and contempory with those most unusual wheels....I don't think I've ever seen those before and I don't remember them when I saw the car all those years ago. Your 260 has a nice stance.

I have posted a few vids on youtube as you can see...I thought I might find a few other Cedric nuts that way, but its been nothing compared to this site!! :shock:

Pete with his 260C Hardtop is a good mate of mine and I have a few other good friends with Cedrics, I'm glad you found us :hug: :woohoo: :thumbsup: :cheers

Keep posting, interior and engine shots if you like (please!). I want to see more.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:34 am 

Thanks for the positive comments Mark, the wheels weren't on it when i met you in 2002 it was still on its original hubcaps back then, i managed to buy these wheels new old stock from DATMAN in around 2003/4 when i went up to his place to buy a front wing from him and saw these wheels on the shelf so we had a deal on them.
I will have to take some interior/engine shots for you as i don't seem to have any.
Regards
Graham

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:38 am 

+1 on the wheels and stance. :twisted:
seeing how beautiful your car is looking hits me with a twang of guilt for sacrificing mine to save to save my hardtop 2door. :( ...to think it could have looked like this! :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 pm 

Cosmic Bowling

Excellent post. Please keep up the great work.