Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 am 

Hi all,

First of all, I am located in Bangkok, Thailand. I have been browsing this forum for a while and have finally finished restoring my JDM 180B SSS. This 180B is very rare here, especially in the coupe version. I can say that the number of KP610 in existance in Thailand is similar to the Skyline KGC110. I guess I am lucky enough to find one which is deemed restorable. Finding parts was a mission of its own. I mainly sourced the needed parts directly from Japan, but was lucky to find some important parts here.

This is just a preview of the car. (The car behind it is also mine 8) )

[ img ]

Will upload more pictures later on. Hope you guys like it.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:52 am 

Car looks awesome, would love to see some more pics and specs.

Just got back from thailand myself, always on the lookout for datsuns, saw a few 120y's, B10's and sunny's while I was in bangkok.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:17 am 

would love to see a detailed list of photos from start to finish on a restoration of this car

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 pm 

Looks nice, i like the colour and the wheels :).

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:27 pm 

Please post some more photos!

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:03 pm 

James May wrote:
Please post some more photos!
What james said. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:40 pm 
Old Digger

More pics mate :)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:46 pm 

Let's look back a year ago and start from the beginning shall we? Like any old cars especially one which is 36 years old, you would expect to find rust somewhere. From the rust spots, I could tell that this car had been looked after but has suffered from daily use, especially with our monsoon season. Any way, I had a good look at the car prior to purchasing it and was happy to find no hidden surprises. I could accept the rust condition as it stands. This car suffered rust damage in the front and rear wheel inside arches, lower edges of the doors, front sills and a few spot underneath the car. But overall not too bad.

[ img ]

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:38 pm 

looks nice! what are the specs of your wheels/tyres?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:58 pm 

As expected, rust were found behind the trims located on the doors and quarter panels. I guess this is where most of the water would accumulate.

[ img ]

Here is the spare wheel area as well.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:06 pm 

burubado wrote:
looks nice! what are the specs of your wheels/tyres?
Thanks! Actually, I found these wheels by luck. Was walking around at the second hand wheel shop and notice these star shaped wheels. The stickers on the back were all faded so could not make out any details. They are 100% Japanese vintage wheels and 2 piece alloy wheel. All four corners are 14" with the front being 7" wide and the rear being 8" wide. As for offset, I have not got a clue. So decided to bring the car to the shop and test fitted them since they were the same stud pattern. Lucky enough, they fit perfectly and it was like, I have found the perfect match for the KP610. So I bought it there and then and to took them home.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 am 

I'm fairly sure they're SSR Star Shark's, the rears would definately have to be neg offset because mine are 0 and don't push out that far, the fronts look like low positive like a +5 or so.

Really good score if you happen to come by them at a wheel shop!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:44 pm 

SIX-TEN wrote:
I'm fairly sure they're SSR Star Shark's, the rears would definately have to be neg offset because mine are 0 and don't push out that far, the fronts look like low positive like a +5 or so.

Really good score if you happen to come by them at a wheel shop!
Thanks for your input! That is what i am thinking as well after having done some research. I did find them by chance. I got rid of the old tyres that came with them and put on some brand new Goodyear tyres all round. Everything is all good.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm 

Starsharks are pointy
[ img ]

I think they are more likely techno racing:
[ img ]

The brand is likely embossed on the back of the wheel face.
either way, very nice find!

I'd say your rears would be around -10 offset from the looks of it. And fronts pretty close to 0

How's the situation in Bangkok atm? It looks crazy but i never believe everything the news says, they like to dramatise and stretch the truth to get viewers.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:07 am 

Yeah, the situation on 19 May in Bangkok city center was quite tense. I can imagine that if you were viewing it from aboard through international news networks, it does look very dramatic. However outside the city center affected areas, life still goes on as usual. No one in the right mind would want to be in these areas anyway.

On another note, the techno racing wheel does look quite similar to the wheels I got. I am still not convince that they are the ones I have because I am sure that my wheels do not have any markings on the front. I will double check and let you know. I also have more information about another make of wheel that looks like mine. Let me find the new picture and will post it up.