Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:54 pm 

G'day guys,

Doing a brake master cylinder upgrade for a 1600 and had a couple of questions.

The original brake master cylinder had no booster and a single line going straight to a junction box. So I thought I'd upgrade to a 180b combo (pretty common upgrade).

So the new one is a 180b booster, complete with spacer plate and twin brake line (thanks beeb_86!). Before we go breaking things, had a couple of queries...

Firstly - It's a 4-way junction box. I'm guessing I need to blank one port off so it's just used as a 3-way for the front brakes, and the rear line gets plumbed straight up to the port on the master cylinder?

Secondly - There are four tapped holes in the fire wall used for mounting the old cylinder. But the new one comes with four fixed studs. Do I need to file away the thread in the four firewall holes to fit the studs through?

Thirdly - The cylinder looks like it comes pretty close to the strut tower. Is it likely to clash? Do I need to knock the side of the tower back a bit?

Any help would be great!

Thanks -Tom