Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: Brake Prop valve
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 pm 

yes volvo calipers bolt straight up to datsun 1600 struts but not sure where they sit in relation to the rotor as all i did was check the bolt centres. My set up uses 240k struts the 270mm rotor type as this is what was on the car already but the diameter made it illegal for the category which is what brought on the conversion. In short this involved working out where the caliper needed to be in relation to the rotor and hub assy then drilling two new hole closer in milling abit off the face to centralise then trimming off the old holes and excess to make it all fit nice.

Probably could be done easier but i wanted to avoid making full new set of coilover struts. Dog bones may be required or may not as in my case this all can depend on what diameter rotor you plan on running in my case cant be bigger than 232mm(standard).

note if youre planning on using volvo calipers use only the Girlock type not ATE hard to get good pads for also best solution for volvos twin sytem set up is to block off one inlet and cross-drill the calipers internally.