Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Joe's 200b coupe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:10 pm 

Hello,
Finally downsized the photos to get em up, sorry about the grain.
Yeah, mines a 79 auto coupe. Bought it a few months ago. Since got rid of the spotties and mud flaps, side moulds next to go. Picked up a TRX Bluebird recently, the motor and 5 speed of which will swap over. Body is very straight and original and pretty well rust free with just one large bubble in drivers door. Gotta source a new bonnet, cowl and boot lid before I get it resprayed (same colour), sooner the better. Wheels/trims/caps all original but thinking a set of 15" alloys would be nice. The red (in case you didn't notice) interior is quite good except for the standard cracked dash and a couple other minor things. Would like to keep it reasonably stock and once on the road, will become my daily. I'll get some better photos up, maybe once it's painted.
Cheers.

Attachments:
File comment: Interior
[ attachment ]
int.JPG [ 100.49 KiB | Viewed 4966 times ]
File comment: Back view
[ attachment ]
bck.JPG [ 123.83 KiB | Viewed 4972 times ]
File comment: Front view
[ attachment ]
fnt.JPG [ 130.75 KiB | Viewed 4969 times ]

Post subject: Re: Joe's 200b coupe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:29 pm 

That looks very familiar....cept its missing the retro decal that mine has.
Looks like a great base to start from though.
Ill be watching the build with interest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I'm liking the colour on that as well, I take it that's not original? And is that red interior original? I've never seen a non-black standard dash on a 200B that was from the factory.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:14 pm 

Great. Love it... That dash is sweet, very different.

Let me just say i love the amount of SSS 200B's being put up on this site lately. Only thing i dont like is mine would hafta be the worst of the group. Oh well, you're just proving i need to get off my arse asap. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 pm 

Yeah, the dash is original in red. From what I've seen of SSS's, the dash's are colour coded with the general interior colour. In fact, just about everything below the window sill is the same colour, as in carpet, seats, door trims, dash, sttering wheel bits and the window winder knobs. Even the T-bar and the little button in the hand brake are red. Bit over the top but, that's the 70's.
I'm keen to get a replacement dash so, it's not likely I'll come across a good red one, will probably have to settle on a black, sedan unit. Another option is to fork out the $300 that one mob in Melbourne want to re-skin the original item, in the same colour. I know there's other people around that re-mould dash's. Has anyone ever dealt with them?
The exterior paint is not original, it used to be slightly more on the bronze side. But again, from what I've seen, this red does appear a bit so, I'm thinking this tone of red was available on the SSS's. It is a nice colour and when I get it painted, I'm gonna stick to it, the colour choice that is.
And yeah, you can never have too many 200B SSS's. I'm surprised they're not more popular as they certainly stack up against other popular Datto's in the looks department. Is there photo's of yours somewhere Riley? If you ask me, all SSS's look great, regardless of condition.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:23 pm 

Yeah man. I have a Members ride post... Thing with mine is it dont look that great but i have a complete MR30 driveline innit, from Box to rear disk brakes, a good motor (soon to be EFI'd) and soon to be good dash, new carpet etc.

Go here to check it out... Hasn't been updated in a while though.
http://www.ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11828

I rekon we need to get together when the we are all on the road and go for a 200BSSS cruise :thumbsup:
show all these 1600 drivers what a real car looks like

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:12 am 

Sounds like a plan Riley :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 pm 

Hey joe just checken out your coupe sweet ride, looks like the origal colour mine was before i repainted it. good luck with the build, check out my rides.

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13804

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12357

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:28 pm 
Hey AICHINACT,

thats one crisp 200B SSS you have there.

sure is a beautifull ridgey didge find.

Its good to see more these machine out and about.

Thank you for sharing and please keep us posted.
Riley wrote:
Let me just say i love the amount of SSS 200B's being put up on this site lately. Only thing i dont like is mine would hafta be the worst of the group. Oh well, you're just proving i need to get off my arse asap. :)
Not sure about that,

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9237

mine is still missing the beaver panel.

Like your self its time to get off my ass.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 pm 

G'day again,
Thanks for the renewed interest in my project.
Haven't done a lot lately, been busy with the parts acquisition program. Got it parked up in the garage, have finally organised all the bits to transfer it to a manual. Have already fitted the manual peddle box. I'll change it over soon, reverse it out and take a few photos. Then it will be preparing the body for new paint in January. Luckily there's not a lot to do, just rub it back, a few tiny dings, swap a few panels around etc. Will keep you' posted.
Joe (Aichinact)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:50 pm 

Would look funny with the manual peddle box and automatic shifter...

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:54 pm 

G'day again,
Been over a year now, still plugging along thought, doing bits and pieces when I get time. The photo shows the engine bay, pretty much stripped out. Have since repainted it and put most bits back in, including all new suspension and steering. Had to remove the battery support, some rust in the lower part, have fabricated a new section, just have to fit it. No other rust to speak of in the front. Ended up getting the rust in the drivers door professionally fixed.

Just about put the motor back together, the block is reasonably stock with slightly oversized pistons. Was reco'ed some years ago and not driven much after so, I just checked it over and replaced the rear seal. Got a local bloke, Mr Munyard, who did up a Bluebird head for it. Hope to drop the motor back in soon, then just have to finish off with new water/fuel lines. Will have the standard carbie and exhaust (for rego) but have a good set of twin SU's and 4-into-1 extractors on standby, to go on once I've got the plates. Also a very mild cam and an electronic dizzy. Have since put new springs and shocks in the rear, will sit 30mm lower all round. Ended up getting the dash redone in original red and I also managed to track down a real good set of R30 TI 15 inch alloys. The body's ready for paint, should be done Jan/Feb. Then just a matter of sorting the interior and other bits, hopefully rego around April. Will stick more photos up once it's all assembled and ready for the paint.

aichinact

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
P1010097.JPG [ 50.87 KiB | Viewed 4954 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:40 pm 

Good to see your still progressing with the project Joe. It looks and sounds as though its coming along pretty well.
Ill look forward to seeing the finished product in 2010.
Keep it up :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:59 am 

i want a coupe

atm this site should be called oz200b :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:13 am 
Quigga wrote:
atm this site should be called oz200b :P
I like the way you think.