Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:50 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I only just heard about this yesterday http://www.pimm.org

it was supposed to have started construction Oct 06. anyone else no much about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:12 pm 

when the freeway is finished that'll only be an hour and a half from perth.

wanneroo is so dated - the straight is too short and like 6 corners including the esses.

***OUT OF ACTION***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:25 pm 

Yeh but wanneroo is so close! (well to me)

I heard about 10 mins of talkback radio on a testdrive at work about this the other day... all i remember from it is that it was interesting :lol: It would be good to have a new fan dangled race track, should bring lots more events to perth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:20 am 

i know a lot of people involved in both setups.

bunbury ive seen the dirt churned, but its a pipe dream, the so called organizer of the track, has pushed for tracks in wa since 2000.
(one sight was the international airport, were NOW AHG sits)

EVEN if the track does get built, there is no cams or fia spec on it, yet, an they havent been contacted regarding, designs an safety for it, so as far as there concerned there is NO bunbury track. an even tommorow if some paperwork is lodged, it will be a minimum of a year or so, to get cams, or the fia, to come out, evaluate the track, an make sure its safe, to run formula nippon an such

I hope it gets off the ground, an well even the bunbury government has thrown money into it, but well..

an wannerz, well its wannerz, there currently doing the math on a substantial track upgrade, but have there hands tied on a number on factors. I dont stick up for em, but its basically all there is
unless you goto collie.. an support the motoring southwest guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:18 am 

Wanneroo/barbagello has so much potential with the area they have to play with, sure it might mean having to spend 10 million or more but if they don't come up with something soon there will be no Barbagello as it looks like they will lose the V8's after '08 anyway, due to the shitty infrastructure regarding pits/parking etc. If they enlarged the track some more, used the hill where the esses are for parking and a decent grandstand and get the fans away from the pits so they could update that area and bring it up to a decent standard we could have a world class track on our hands, but the WASCC seem too slow or reluctant to pull their collective fingers out which will leave us in the Northern suburbs with no motor racing facility close by. sh*t they could even put in a drag strip up there if they tried hard enough :twisted:

Formally: 510 L22B twin webber terror
510 FJ20et (510 FJ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:23 am 

Sr_SSStanza wrote:
(one sight was the international airport, were NOW AHG sits)
i'l tell you why they didnt. it's actually federal land and ahg have a lease as the airport will eventually have a new runway right on top of where it currently sits 8) try race around an a380 :wink:

bad news for barbagello atm, i'm a member there and they have had to do an emergency reseal so that will efect near future events and v8 supercars australia have decided not to renew their contract with the track as they want to look at a street race in perth and as many of you well know v8's and trucks are the only events that make money there, the rest of the events run at a loss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:55 am 

i remember when they put in the motorplex and they were going to put in a world class track there, now that would have been a great idea, one big complex where you could smell methenol for miles around :woohoo: :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:08 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I go to barbagello every now and then and i got to say that i was pretty bored pretty quick after a few laps. its still fun and better than nothing but surely investing some extra money into lengthening it with more turns and have multiple track configurations to race on would enthuse a lot of people into motorsport?

i hope Bunbury does go ahead and dont mind driving a couple of hours for a good track to drive on. last i read was that all epa applications had been passed, council approval etc. surely thats a good sign? Fia approval or not events can still be staged for locals but not just international events yea? would have thought the V8's would be right behind this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:48 pm 

Team_dat wrote:
now that would have been a great idea, one big complex where you could smell methenol for miles around :woohoo: :thumbsup:
sif you could smell it over the refineries and other horrid things in kwinnana haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:40 pm 

Yeh but they've been saying the V8s arnt coming back for years!

There is heaps of land out the back of wanner's so they could easily extend the track. I like vaughan's idea of a drag strip up there too :twisted:

Although I like how barbs is small in a way... Like going up and gettin drunk on drift practice nights :? And its good for small events. I havnt gone to the V8s up there in ages... purely because i cant justify $100 a ticket or whatever it is... and then pay extra for a pit pass!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:53 pm 

get a wascc membership, $200 per year with free entry and full access at all events

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:27 am 
Site Admin

From their website:
http://www.pimm.org/bic_circuit.php
Quote:
The plan is for the Circuit to host two international-standard motor sport events in 2005, with an increase to four major events per year over the next two or three years.
I guess that didn't happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:07 pm 

VR i live in Kwinana, and you can't smell the refineries, and at the drags all you can smell is the tyres and engines. it's the best mix of smells, other than a cranking kitchen.

plus it would be nice to have a 3rd noise to settle me on a friday or saturday night. or even during the day, i can hear and time all the drag runs perfectly from my house, it's fantastic. and i get to hear half of the speedway races as they go around the north corners, arounmd the south U it gets directed north, sounds great tho!

to hear some V8's all the way around or similar would be fantastic. plus it would make some track days more feasable for some of the south guys, cos it wouldn't cost the earth trying to get your car home from wanneroo....

plus, it's a motorplex, the name says it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:18 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

http://www.pimm.org/

apparently a rare species of orchid has been found were they started building the track.

more info....

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... ntID=34001

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:19 am 
Site Admin

Hmm. they should take a leaf out of the WA governments book when it comes to rare orchids.

There were some rare orchids near where the new south street Train station complex is going to be, right where they had planned the new on ramps to the freeway to go.

There were protesters, etc. What did the Government do? they bull-dosed the area anyway and built the on ramp exactly where it was planned to go.

One law for the government, and another law for private companies it seems.

I'm sure there are rare orchids all over the place down there.