Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:29 pm 

Well said

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:13 pm 

That VL sits there day in day out. It is in shocking condition. All the paint is peeling and its just generally untidy. I cant imagine a proper enthusiast would treat his pride and joy like that. As a member of an approved club I haven't put my Datsun on the scheme because it needs the bonnet resprayed.

78 ZH Fairlane 500 Bluesmobile
86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
78 ZH Fairlane 500 Barn find
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:13 am 

what happens with later efi engines converted or running or carbs and no pollution gear??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:06 pm 

Not legal under adrs so club permit wouldn't allow it legally either.
Aftet all the adrs underpinn whats legal or not for emissions etc.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:18 pm 

Dato200B wrote:
That VL sits there day in day out. It is in shocking condition. All the paint is peeling and its just generally untidy. I cant imagine a proper enthusiast would treat his pride and joy like that. As a member of an approved club I haven't put my Datsun on the scheme because it needs the bonnet resprayed.
It doesn't matter how you think an enthusiast would treat his car, it's up to the owner.

My D21 is on club permit and the paint is really rough, mechanically though it is spot on. It sits on the street and will run out of days on the permit if I keep using it as much as I do at the moment. I quite like the way it looks and once a few of the other projects are out of the way it will get the body work/paint done. Until then I am more than happy driving around in a ratty looking Navara.

My wifes E30 323i is on a club permit, It sits on the street and is driven about 80 times a year. It isn't worth selling because it isn't worth more than a couple of grand and it is too handy to have as a spare car (and she loves it) but we wouldn't keep it if it costs us $700+ a year to register. On CPS it is affordable to keep and use.

If the car is 25 years old it qualifies for the CPS, if it is safe and meets with Vicroads regulations for modifications and passes a scrutineers inspection/rwc it can have a permit on it.

Your opinion (or mine or anyone's) does not matter as long as the owner complies with the requirements of the CPS.
d wrote:
what happens with later efi engines converted or running or carbs and no pollution gear??
You would have to have the car engineered to get it on the CPS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 am 

Right then it wouldnt pass engineering without original emissions equipment anyway so my dreams of big carbed older styled looking CA are out the window even using carbed CA20S block would mean I need the original spaghetti BS on the engine from factory. A real shame.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:59 am 

Not a shame, it has to be there legally. The scheme is not to bypass legallities and adrs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:21 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Dato200B wrote:
you raise an interesting point.

technically if a club permitted car was to sit on the street every day then you should fill the Log book out for every day its there.

See here under FAQ

Q22. Can I park my CH plated vehicle in the street on any day when it is not used?

A. Yes, but this would require an entry in the logbook. You may temporarily "shuffle" CPS vehicles in and out of your property up to a distance of 100m without need for a Logbook entry. Note that if you were to leave your vehicle parked in the street more than 100m from its garaged address for a number of days then this would require a logbook entry for each day!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:28 pm 

A shame cause in the UK you can run any new donk on carbs in cars of a certain age eg. 30 or 35 years old
Carbs look good on twinies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:31 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

also i realize that this car may not be more than 100m from the place of Residence but see the first point.

Temporarily Shuffle.

Temporarily

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:30 pm 

Mastadd240k wrote:
you raise an interesting point.

technically if a club permitted car was to sit on the street every day then you should fill the Log book out for every day its there.

See here under FAQ

Q22. Can I park my CH plated vehicle in the street on any day when it is not used?

A. Yes, but this would require an entry in the logbook. You may temporarily "shuffle" CPS vehicles in and out of your property up to a distance of 100m without need for a Logbook entry. Note that if you were to leave your vehicle parked in the street more than 100m from its garaged address for a number of days then this would require a logbook entry for each day!
I realise you have quoted this from the AOMC FAQ http://www.aomc.asn.au/cpsnewfaq.htm but I believe this information to be wrong based on information supplied to me by Vicroads.

There is no requirement in the Club permit application that specifically states you need to have off street parking to own a vehicle on the CPS, which is the same as any fully registered vehicle.

As such a car on a club permit may be parked on the street in front of your "garaged address" with out the need to fill in the logbook as it is parked on the street.

The same applies if you where to use your club permit vehicle to visit some one for a weekend. If you where to drive up on the Friday and then leave the vehicle parked until you returned on the Sunday there is no requirement to fill out a log book entry for the Saturday as the vehicle is not in use.

From the Vicroads website under Conditions of Use http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Reg ... ermits.htm
A logbook must be carried in the vehicle, or on the rider (in the case of motorcycles), at all times the vehicle is in use. On each day of use, a logbook entry must be made prior to the vehicle being used (unless the vehicle is within 100 metres of the garaged address).

One other point of interest though is that as a CPS car is not registered, local council who enforce parking regulations could in theory object to CPS vehicle being parked on the road side

D,
As the CA20s was first released in 1982 you would have to comply with the emissions standards for 1982, unless you could get an engineer to sign off on it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:35 pm 

I looked at the ca20s from that era and has more pollution gear than my 1999 suzuki :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:46 pm 

My club reg'd car didnt get any attention while my full reg'd car without a front diff sitting on afew spare wheels got a abandoned vehicle notice while on the naturestrip ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:33 pm 

In my area theres at least 6 club permitted cars that are parked on st. 4 dont have off street parking in their houses so as ling as within 100m of listed garaged address it was explained to me all ok as the car has a plate that comes up on vuc roads data base with address and paid permit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:08 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Yeah i am probably interpreting it wrong;

dont think it looks good tho.