Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:48 pm 

Ladies and Gents,

I haven't posted on OzDat for a long time due to neglecting my 1600. Anyway, I have a FJ20ET with a lift pump, surge tank, high press pump setup in the boot.

Due to not running the car for a couple of years the fuel pumps seized up. I had trouble finding (for a decent price) a lift pump, so I got a facet-purolator solid state unit. (If you haven't seen one google images "facet pump" they are cube shaped).

Anyway, I've only idled the engine for 5 to 10 minutes and the pump gets bloody hot! I'm sure you could fry an egg on it. Even the first few inches of the fuel line get warm. Anyone else used these pumps and experienced anything like this?

I haven't had a real good fiddle yet, but I'm predicting limited fuel flow. I know fuel is flowing because the engine runs. I'm going to disconnect the outlet side to see how much fuel passes through it, but other than that I don't have any theories.

I've done a search to no avail and just though I'd chuck this out there to see if there is an obvious fix I'm missing. It says to "position the pump in an upward direction at 45 degrees away from the tank" If you can decipher that I'd love to know. I've screwed mine to the floor.

Thanks for any feedback.

Steve

Steve Owey