Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:39 pm 

Hey guys,

The time has come for us to get a bit more serious and organised about our shared passion of Datsuns.

Could everyone whose interested in joining the Queensland Performance Datsun Club complete the following questionnaire and email to myself at gun.1600@gmail.com, and please just register in this post that you have sent myself an email. Also feel free to share any information you feel comfortable disclosing publically

1. Name

2. Mobile Contact Number

3. Make, Model

4. Occupation

5. What do you want from a Datsun Club

6. Are you interested in attending regular meets on the First Monday of Every month.

7. Are you interested in attending cruises.

8. Would an SMS reminder of meets/cruises/events be of interest to you.

9. How much would you prepared to pay for club membership if applicable

10. What?s your preferred Datsun Website.

11. What would you want from a QPDC website.

12. Would you be interested in having an active roll, e.g. Event organizer, Secretary, Treasurer, etc

13. Other (please feel free to share any info or advice you have)

Thanks and hope to get as many responses, suggestions and constructive criticism as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:09 am 

gun16 wrote:
5. What do you want from a Datsun Club.
I'm interested in sporting type events more so than cruising etc.

thoughts ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:50 pm 

Is'nt there a Q 1600 club already? If the proposed club is going to be incorporated and join CAMS so that its members can get CAMS licences, thats a lot of work and expense, its like running a small business.

Was going to post a link tom the Datsun club I'm involved in but thats probably not appropriate here, so I won't :) Good luck with whatever turns out.

Post subject: Club stuff
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:37 pm 

Reply sent..
Thanks for the effort dude.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:03 pm 

datto-510 wrote:
gun16 wrote:
5. What do you want from a Datsun Club.
I'm interested in sporting type events more so than cruising etc.

thoughts ?
I am too, however due to limited numbers and the high cost to be Cams affiliated and have insurance and so on. My main goal for the first year is to be a social club, but would definatley encourage members to attend local motorsport and keep the sport alive.

I think it would be great to attend events as a group but due to cost it will hard for us to sponser/hold them in our first year.

Cheers for your feedback

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:07 pm 

26ODET wrote:
Is'nt there a Q 1600 club already? If the proposed club is going to be incorporated and join CAMS so that its members can get CAMS licences, thats a lot of work and expense, its like running a small business.

Was going to post a link tom the Datsun club I'm involved in but thats probably not appropriate here, so I won't :) Good luck with whatever turns out.
Hey mate, the Q1600 club was QPDC, but was never managed or organised.

QPDC will now be about all Datsun and their owners having a fun, focused and organised social club.

Your feedback is 100% correct and defintaley a major hurdle when trying to get a club off the ground.

Thanks for the feedback and the heads up, in this case i had done my homework but its great to see a fellow datsun lover looking out for another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:08 pm 

Hey Guys

Thanks again for your feedback.

The site is coming along great thanks to your input.

If you would like to be featured on the QPDC website, please send 5 hi res photos with a brief story about your car.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Derek

Gun.1600@gmail.com

Also final call for those interested as im putting together membership options and need to know intial numbers Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:16 pm 

Hey guys,
It?s with great pleasure that I?m writing to you all. I?ve been working overtime to put our website together.
Drumroll please the name of the website is:
www.qpdc.info
Please check it out, sign the guestbook have a look around check out our members cars (who have got back to me) and just have fun in the forums.
I have put together all of your suggestions into our own website and I really hope you all like it.
I?m open to suggestions and feedback just like our club its dynamic and just starting out so it open to change.
So first of all thank you all for your spirited responses to my call out to Datsun owners on the various forums.
By creating so much interest, you have motivated me to make QPDC an organized official social club.
So far we have close to 30 responses via email.
From the feedback you have given me, I feel we have the ideas and guidelines to make a fun and successful club.
This will begin with monthly Monday meets on a rotational roster.
May 7th - Harries Diner, 104 New Market Rd, Windsor
June 4th - Subway,186 cnr of Kingston and Compton Rd, Underwood
July 2nd - Sumo's Pizza, 440 Brisbane Rd, Arundel, Gold Coast
August 6th - Harries Diner, 104 New Market Rd, Windsor
Sept 3rd - Subway,186 cnr of Kingston and Compton Rd, Underwood
Oct 1st - Sumo's Pizza, 440 Brisbane Rd, Arundel, Gold Coast
Nov 5th - Harries Diner, 104 New Market Rd, Windsor
Dec 3rd - Subway,186 cnr of Kingston and Compton Rd, Underwood
To ensure you know where the monthly meet is being held, an email and sms reminder will be sent out on the Monday at 3pm.

For those who can't attend a meet we will be taking photo's of the cars and recording who attended. In addition to this we will send you out a newsletter covering monthly meets, upcoming cruises, new members and general QPDC info and maybe some pic's of us enjoying a bite to eat and chewing the fat!
At the first meet I will have a newsletter for everyone attending outlying pricing for the QPDC membership, format of the meets, details on the June cruise to name but a few.
I can?t urge everyone enough to attend rain, or shine, datsun going or not, come out and say hi and grab a membership form.
Hope to see you all very soon.
Thanks Derek (Gun16)(Webmaster/Media)