Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: V8 supercars QR 2006
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:06 pm 

some pics here http://www.gotpwr.com/motorsport/2006/2 ... index.html

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:51 pm 

Gee Jeff didnt know you were going or i would have caught up with you.

Have over a 1000 shots in my webshots album if anyone wants to look. Listed as pics for Saturday and Sunday.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:18 am 

LOL, only a thousand ?
yeah i got a free ticket in a marque, had a good day.
you've got some good shots there Luke.

i reckon the best race on sunday was the saloon cars, those 2 falcons the blue & yellow one were so well matched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:31 pm 

QR is a fairly straight forward boring track but it is a really good spectators track i watched the v8s last year and it is so much different to other races in the fact that you can acually see the race. 1000 photos bloody hell luke were you watching the race through your camera :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:55 pm 

Yeah i watched the race through the camera lens some of the time. Alot of them are the multi shot function which makes things nice and quick.

I love driving at QR its a lot harder to drive on than it looks, they were saying that John Tetley who owns QR is 1 of 4 groups tendering to buy Lakeside. I have heard that if he wins the tender then they will allow club level sport back on the curcuit and maybe state level aslong the cars are under 95db.

I hope he gets it as i would love to take the 1600 around there as well as QR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:58 pm 

acually saying QR is boring was a bit harsh i really do love it but it does lack a bit of thought like some other tracks. saying that though its perfect for the v8s because its a mixture of long straights and fairly tight corners which is really hard too setup for. I hope tetley gets it i think one of the other tenders is the government, im pretty sure pine rivers shire council owns it now i'll be cheering if its fully opened back up, i'll be down there every weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:05 pm 

QR is boring. I went there twice in 2001, and only bothered going back the second time to use the other versions of the track. it sucks. never bothered going back there again. Better off driving for another hour to get to Morgan Park which we did for a few years running at their great QLD Supersprint Series, or doing something fun like the autocross track if you don't want to go further than Ipswich.

RE: Lakeside:
7 organisations were invited to tender: Total Driver Pty Ltd; RACQ; YMCA Brisbane; Willowbank Race Circuit Pty Ltd; Motorcycling Queensland/Motorcycling Australia; Queensland Police Citizens Youth Welfare Association; and the Juniper Development Group. Thankfully, I think Juniper declined to tender.

I hope QR DON'T get it. They way they manage QR is detrimental to club level motorsport - they only run their own boring sprint events, and charge exorbitant rates to hire the venue to real motorsport clubs to run proper events. Anyone but them! PLEASE!!!

Council have stated they would prefer a consortium of parties to provide a multipurpose solution for the recreation of activity at the site - that would be the best result for club level motorsport.

I was out there last monday having a blast in the GTR. Awesome track, and the track is in exactly the same condition as the last time I was there before it closed down.

I have to keep pinching myself to make sure this is really happening! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:31 pm 

Harry, how do we go and have a drive at lakeside ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:02 pm 

Total Driver had a training/V8 Experience day, and got permission to have some sprints as well at teh last minute. I was lucky enough to hear about it, but they couldn't take many cars. and were very strict on noise - no tyre schreeching, and a couple of people sent home for their cars being too loud including a mate Glynn in his blue 240Z - you would have seen him at Mt Cotton. They said it was unlikely to happen again until after the decision on the tender, but once that's done expect to be hearing about events out there run by a variety of clubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:35 pm 

yes this is excellent news on the tender business. its gonna be great if it gets back into full swing as its only a 20min drive for me :D i just hope my ute is quiet enough 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:37 pm 

i just noticed the "v8 experience" part, surely those arnt going to be quiet :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:19 pm 

they are pretty quiet. V8 Experience cars are not the real deal. they have the V8 Supercab body kit, and lowered with slicks, and a bit of an exhaust which is noticeable but not loud. They're fairly standard mechanically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:25 pm 

hrrm i should buy some slicks and start charging for "datto" experience :lol: