Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: New to here...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:52 pm 

Hello there,

My first post on the forums so i thought i would make it here. Hi peoples my name is Jason. I currently live in good old ipswich, which makes it good for getting to willowbank because it's so close but bad for everything else :D

Anyway to introduce you to the cars i have there is my daily driver which is a lancer gsr (i know it's not a datsun but i love it).
[ img ]

My new car is a Datsun 280zx tagra top. I've always wanted to get into some sort of circuit racing and this came up at the right price (basically free) so it's become my new project. It needs a little work, but i've already sourced a new bonnet and someone to paint it and fix the rust. Here are a couple of pictures of it and i've started a build page that hopefully i'll update everytime i do something.

http://project280.blogspot.com

[ img ]
[ img ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:40 pm 

Hi Jason and welcome to a world of info. Glad to see you get wise and thought about racing a datto not the GSR, 280z's are a heavy beast but they have a good motor which give you reliable horsepower.

I do the curcuit sprints aswell so it will good to get another forum member out ther having some fun ( i have a 1600 with l20b twin weber's and all the other stuff) the flat track is good fun and like the drags the people are nice to talk to offer heaps of advise and help when needed.

Luke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:20 pm 

Thanks mate. I hope to get it out there for the first sprints in the new year. I'm using the car as a learning tool so i want to do basically all the work myself and with mates. I sort of know things in theory but have been too "afraid" to try anything out on the daily driver as well....i need it for daily driving :D

Least i know i have a reliable forum here (and maybe some people to give me a hand) if i stuff things up. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:44 pm 

Hey Jason,

Welcome to the forums. A fellow Ippi boy. ;) Anyhow I run the the QPDC, Qld Performance Datsun Club, with a couple of mates, and you should come along on a cruise sometime. I also work out at Willowbank Raceway, I have the red 200B SSS with an SR in it, and building a couple of other dattos as we speak. I know a few of the other Ippi Datto boys so if you ever want to catch up and talk Dattos or need a hand with stuff just drop us a line.

Cheers Peter. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:55 am 

Thanks boys, it's good to find a forum with alot of people willing to help. I'm a keen mitsubishi fan (i have a gsr, mate has a vr4 galant and vr4 powered cordia) but both he and i look like we might become converts to the dattoa race scene :D

I've seen a red datto parked outside St Joeseph's primary school, that's not yours is it peter? I'm not too sure what it is, but it looks awesome. I would assume it has an sr20 in it also at the numberplates are along the lines of that.

Anyway will be good to meet some fellow datto drivers/owners....just gotta get mine in a resepectable/drivable state first :D

Cheers
Jason

*edit*
Just had a look at the QDPC site and if you're is OSR200 then i've seen the car before. Very nice car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:56 pm 

Yeah that's me, I teach at Joey's. Feel free to come say hi sometime out at the drags or wherever. ;)