Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:10 pm 

QPDC Gold Coast Hinterland Cruise

Hi everyone,
QPDC are having another cruise soon. Looking at Saturday 23rd JULY to give everyone plenty of time to get their cars ready. One of us will give full details asap as we are still going over a few routes. Watch www.turbophile.com for updates
Cheers Ryan

Last edited by RYANZ18ET on Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:10 pm 

Or even www.qpdc.org ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:47 pm 

this should be a good cruise, hoping to have the dat dat ready for it, reckon there will be some good numbers there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:56 pm 

Gives me just under 2 months to sort my crap out and put car back together.. with any luck I'll be there! (and in my car, too ) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:12 pm 

i reckon it should be a good cruise. seems there should be a few datos. still plenty of time for you all to get your cars sorted :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:04 am 

i may be able to make it......i have put the wife to work to speed up the finishing of process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:38 pm 

i will be there. hopefully in my ute, all depends if my new driveline goes in before then, unless i put it off till after. If the utes not there i might come out in a daily which is looking to be a datto too, or in a mates datto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:46 pm 

Final Cruise Details

Date: Saturday 23rd July 2005

Meeting time and place: meeting at 11.00am at Oxenford Park Carpark (Coomera Hope Island Cricket Club) on Tamborine-Oxenford Road (Gold Coast UBD Map 6 Reference P18), for a 11.30am cruise start. Since this is the carpark for a sporting venue it may possibly be occupied at the time, so if there are cars parked there?

Alternate time and place: 11.30am at Coomera BP Carpark (Gold Coast UBD Map 6 Reference P4), for 12.00pm cruise start.

Cruise Overview: This Gold Coast hinterland cruise will start at Oxenford and head up to Tamborine Mountain. We?ll then be continuing on down the back of Tamborine Mountain, through Tamborine then round the back (west) of the mountain to the township of Canungra. After going through Canungra we will be heading up to Beechmont, then back down towards Advancetown. We will be stopping at Hinze Dam for photos in the big carpark near the water (as we did last time), however there will be no BBQ or drinks provided so if you want to eat and drink, bring your own or buy some from the Kiosk near the dam wall. After this we will head back through Nerang towards the coast, through Southport Mall and finish at the Broadwater Carpark. People can then choose to hang around for an evening meal and visit the BWCP later for some cruising action, or leave for home from there.

Full directions and maps will be handed out on the day. People are also encouraged to bring UHF/2-way radios which should help to keep the cruise together.

Those wishing to participate in the cruise will abide by all road rules and require a mechanically sound vehicle as the mountain ranges can be tough on brakes. Those who wish to disregard road rules will not be welcome on the cruise. Responsible driving is encouraged!

See you all there on the day ? we are looking forward to a great turnout!