Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:05 am 

Hi, just joined

I just picked up a 180B from country Victoria. Original paint that's getting thin, of course.

I'll jump straight to it! I couldn't find a 'For Sale' thread so, I'm chasing a few parts I need to upgrade brakes so, you know, it'll try to stop.

I will be getting a pair of DBA rotors & V8 Commy callipers. I just need the late model stub axles as mine is a '72 year damn it. Has anyone got a set or know where I can locate them?

Cheers in advance :cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:10 pm 

I ended up finding a set of R31 struts with V8 Commodore welded up stub axles. I have been put onto a Dato suspension guru here near me so will organise a visit to see how they are meant to be fitted...

Last edited by Cracker180B on Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:39 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Cracker180B wrote: *
I ended up finding a set of R31 struts with Dato stub axles welded to them from what I understand. I have been put onto a Dato suspension guru here near me so will organise a visit to see how they are meant to be fitted...
I went with HR31 coil overs in my 200B, got a brake upgrade out of it too, I assume your setup would be much the same just using the original brakes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:15 pm 

Mastadd240k wrote: *
Cracker180B wrote: *
I ended up finding a set of R31 struts with Dato stub axles welded to them from what I understand. I have been put onto a Dato suspension guru here near me so will organise a visit to see how they are meant to be fitted...
I went with HR31 coil overs in my 200B, got a brake upgrade out of it too, I assume your setup would be much the same just using the original brakes.
I should have cleared that up. Sorry, they are set up for V8 Commodore rotors. They came with used C'dore callipers but I'll probably use some reco exchanged ones. I'll edit that last post