Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Datsport
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:35 pm 

It appears that a company called Solid Mechanical And Engineering have taken over the Datsport business (https://solidmechanical.com.au/) - the Datsport website is still up. I went to order some bits and bobs off the website, and Solid have come back to me with prices 20% higher than advertised. I've raised it with them and they've said the website is wrong, take it or leave it. Which is a bit sh!t.

Moral of the story is check your invoices against the advertised prices carefully.

RIP Baz. :-(

Post subject: Re: Datsport
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:35 am 
Site Admin

They are breaking the law by doing that, and leaving themselves open to fines by the ACCC.

https://www.accc.gov.au/business/pricin ... ing-prices
Quote:
Misleading advertising

It is illegal for a business to make claims to customers about its goods or services — including claims about price — that are incorrect or likely to create a false impression. This includes advertisements or statements in any media (e.g. print, radio, television or online) and any claim made by a person representing your business.

Intention is irrelevant. You may breach the law even if you thought the statement was correct when you made it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:02 pm 

Yeah - I pointed that out, but their attitude was 'hard cheese'. So I lodged a grizzle with the ACCC. Then I went and found what I needed from another supplier.

I doubt I'll use Datsport again - if you can't get basic compliance with consumer law and ethics right then what hope do you have if something major goes wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:23 pm 

I have recently bought a lot of things from Cameron at Solid Mechanical. He was Baz's apprentice and has taken on the business but has been involved with Datsport for a long time. I have had a great experience dealing with them. I think given the situation with Baz's passing and Cam taking on the business they could be forgiven for dropping the ball a little re the website. It has been a busy time for most of Australia. Prices of everything have risen lately so I dont think Cam is taking an opportunity to make unjust inflated profits. He would be paying more for materials so would only make sense for prices to go up. Anyway they do have great products so I am happy to pay more for quality.