Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:59 am 

I'm returning my '74 Datto 180B SSS is to the road after an extended time in storage, and fixing a bunch of things I really should have fixed 20 years ago. One of the problems that's giving me grief is that the crankcase breather is open to air (the cam cover breather is routed to one air cleaner) The original breather tube is long gone and I haven't been able to find another. I do have a 200B breather that fits in the hole but sits all wonky so doesn't work.

I have an oil catch tank I picked up from Otomoto a while back (http://www.otomoto.com.au/p/5356051/kkr ... h-can.html) so I want to install it and connect it to the crank breather. Apart from cutting and welding the 200B breather tube which won't be much fun as I'm not very good at welding, what's an alternative approach to getting a breather tube into the crankcase that won't fall out? How have others solved the problem of providing a catch tank?

Thanks!
Duncan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 am 

Hi
If you go to bunnings or a plumbing store you can use a sleave made for holding gas/water pipe the same diameter, then drill a hole and use another flat piece long enough to attach to manifold bracket bolt hole.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:00 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I use a factory crankcase breather myself but have seen recently tho you can buy aeroflow fittings now to suit. Call Wade at Sprint Auto Parts in McLarenVale SA for more info on these.