Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:14 pm 

Hey guys, This is not a matter of urgency but i was wondering if there was anyone about the place that does decent quality custom dash work for Datto 1600s.

Im not looking for anything flash at all... Just... more modern.

The idea of a bare race dash is great but, as my car will be for road use mainly, i will need all the bits to work as they did from factory (vents etc.) It might be possible to update all of that while i am at it though... i will have to look into the costs Vs functionality on that idea later on.

So... Bare as but still looking nice and has all the functions of the standard dash.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:00 am 

Mine was done by Cam at datsport in SA. He does some good work, can get a better pic if you want:

[ img ]

[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:51 pm 

MINT-16 wrote:
Mine was done by Cam at datsport in SA. He does some good work, can get a better pic if you want:
I'd Really appreciate that Mate, Thanks :) Looks Great! I have talked to Baz at DatSport quite a few times regarding hardware for my proposed conversion. Thanks again mate. Look forward to having a look.

REI600.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:07 pm 

Not much into 'Bare', but as for 'Custom', this has been on the back burner for a while.
.....and it's still Datsun, with readily available senders, stock lighting, indicators and about half the price of a 1600SSS dash.
Suits a straight frame.
Team it up with a centre console for the heater controls & entertainment, modern indicator assembly on the column...... :thumbsup:

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
Early 610 SSS dash0001 (Large).jpg [ 123.93 KiB | Viewed 1969 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:02 pm 

midlifecrisisss wrote:
Not much into 'Bare', but as for 'Custom', this has been on the back burner for a while.
.....and it's still Datsun, with readily available senders, stock lighting, indicators and about half the price of a 1600SSS dash.
Suits a straight frame.
Team it up with a centre console for the heater controls & entertainment, modern indicator assembly on the column...... :thumbsup:
That is nice as hell but, i am a minimalist by nature. To the point that the one above is still more "clutter" than i was after.

My idea is to put a rotar into a 510 so keeping it Datto isn't much of a priority for me.

A small part of me wants a lacquered wood dash... like... an actual wooden dash. I'm just not too sure on the legalities of that. I think it would be pretty damn cool though.