Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: Wanted 200b SX info
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:01 am 

At the yard i found 3 similar but different volvo spoilers from those boxy late 80s early 90s 4 doors, the earlier was the most different and hung down the most with a C-shaped lip but mounting it looked tricky, as it had a metal rod around inside it as i recall, the two newer ones are fully plastic and V-shaped and i picked the one that had the best lip angle, one had a sharper angle between the down and then forward lip, all 3 of them had 3 equal length vents in the middle, and some like mine have a removable rectangle on one side, which may be of use for many things, perhaps a foglight. I was amazed to find that the plastic overhang around the top wedges in under and around the sides of the 200b bumper perfectly once an inch or two is removed from the middle, and the fit around the sides is better than you could ask for as the perpendicular overhang stops just as the bumper ends and the flat side bit sits flush with the panel and ends exactly on the wheelarch. To be honest I have never secured it any more than this, as it is perfectly snug and and has never come off, even on the bush tracks.

Attachment:
[ attachment ]
Photo0550.jpg [ 934.27 KiB | Viewed 1240 times ]
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
Photo0548.jpg [ 1 MiB | Viewed 1240 times ]

Post subject: Re: Wanted 200b SX info
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:43 am 

bad510 wrote:
Its not the best of photos, snaped it the other night when I was following it.. :roll:
marks 200b, i know that old fella nice guy its currently off the road getting a engine freshen up as it was starting to loose water