Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Micro's 73 610
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:54 pm 

Hey guys, I've been a lurker on your site for years now, and haven't posted much. I'm pretty active in the Datsun community across the pond in the US, but I like the way you all do things over here :) I figure if I'm going to post here, I might as well have something worthwhile to talk about. Well, here's what I have to offer.

I've been into 610(180b)'s for about 5 years now. Here's my most recent and active project, however. She's a 610 from late in the year 1972.. the 18XXX'th produced.

Enough chit chat; the goods!

[ img ]

She looked pretty good from the ad, so I got in touch with the owner, and we set up a time early the following day for me to see it. I had to get up before the sun and head to where it was kept, but it was worth it. Drove an hour, got there and looked her over.. there was some pretty bad rust on the driver's side fender and the rocker in front of the wheel well, as well as in the arch behind it.
[ img ]
[ img ]

As bad as it looks, it wasn't a deal breaker. There was also some around the windshield...
[ img ]
[ img ]

... as well as the rear window..

[ img ]

The trunk was pretty nice.. the spare tire well had some surface rust not that bad, really.

[ img ]

Found this nasty thing in the trunk..

[ img ]

Luckily, the engine had a WIX filter on it, so everybody got to keep their dignity.

I checked out the interior, and it was pretty decent(with the exception of the seats), door cards almost perfect(had a couple tears and some stickers that need to be cleaned off), and headliner in perfect shape.
[ img ]

It was missing the heater controls and the glove box, but I have spares, so that's covered. No biggie. Also there were some other small pieces, some window cranks, rear arm rests.. a small list of pieces that I'd have to round up out of my stash, but that's what it's there for.

[ img ]

The floor boards were solid, too, but in all honesty, as soon as I laid eyes on these fine accessories, I had to have the car. My mind was made up.

[ img ]

:lol:

I popped the hood, and also, no rust there.

[ img ]

Put my hand on the engine to feel if it had been started a couple minutes before I got there.. stone cold. After checking the oil and coolant levels, I asked to hear the engine. The owner said that it may be hard to start, as it had been sitting for some time.. The L18 cranked over twice and came to life. I couldn't have asked for a better sounding engine. She purred like a kitten.

While letting it warm up, I gave it another walk around and checked all the lights, turn signals, windshield wipers, etc.. Good to go.

Took it for a test drive, and everything was great: tight steering, good braking, the trans shifted smoothly.. and with that, it was settled. I turned around, went back, and did business.

Took a picture of it with my wagon before heading out..

[ img ]

.. and I was off until I could get a ride back, key and title in hand. COWABUNGA!

Post subject: Re: Micro's 73 610
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:44 pm 

The day after I bought it, I had to go back and pick it up..
[ img ]

As awesome as it was, I had to ditch the steering wheel cover half way through the drive. :lol: My woman took some pics, too.

[ img ]

The old girl drove so smoothly the entire time. Temp was solid, had oil pressure, and the trans shifted nicely. Tight steering in the corners, too(as tight as it can be in stock suspension).

Home. The driveway's never looked so sexy.

[ img ][ img ][ img ]

Later on, we cleared the driveway and I gave her a nice bath.

[ img ][ img ][ img ]

Went and grabbed some oil and a filter to freshen her up. Got some plugs and wires, too. These must have been on the shelf for a long time.. the box was so sweet.

[ img ]

This made me LOL.

[ img ]

A couple pics of His and Hers together :)

[ img ]
[ img ]

The 2 newest additions to the driveway. Good times.