Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: datsun 1200 ute
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm 

baught her for a grand off ebay , and started to get workin on it as it hadnt been on the road for quite some time seeing as the guy i baught it off was in a small accident which ruined the radiator support, drivers door and pannels, so i suss'd out a cheap rolling datto and snapped that up for 500 just for the new pannels as it had brand spanking new gear on it,so i talked to mums bf that we should cut off the radiator support off the spare datto as that it was straight and in a hell of alot better condition then the one thats on it, so we went about doing it making it look like nothing was ever touched just have to get a wire wheel to the welds where surface rust has appeared and undercoat it and paint it one colour :), then onto the fixing the rest of the rust in the floor and some in the roof which i am not happy about but thats what you get for owning one of these :).

i had to sell my meshies to fund for it as that i am out of work at the moment so hopefully it isnt far off from seeing the road again, really not much to do on it, fuel tank in get new hoses for it, do brakes put the front end together and the interior and do some body work. it isnt the most attractive 1200 around but a lick of paint will change that once everything is done. there will be some tasteful mods done to it.

i am excited to see what you have to say, and keen to learn more :) thanks for reading i am open to suggestions :)
there will be alot of pics, and more to come as i get working on it,
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]