Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:51 pm 

Has anyone on here had any experience with the Halo headlights up on ebay right now.
From Prostreetlighting in San Diego California, these look fine, but the devil might be in the detail, words 'minor modifications' keeps appearing when questions are sent.
eg.
"These will fit on a 510, and the only mod is that you may have to open up the buckets a little in order to fit the housings in the hole"
"Euro is for the clear lense on the front, and the minor modifications are the actual trimming to the headlight housings, and or the headlight bucket"

So far it's established the headlight buckets have to be 'opened up'.......remember we are talking 'minor' here....and we haven't got to the actual retainers yet.....
I don't fancy the prospect of 'opening up' a set of stainless rings....or headlight surrounds?
I'm holding off on the $100+ for a set of these, until someone breaks the ice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:15 pm 

They look like a normal halogen housing with a different lens. The photos aren't too clear though. Best bet is to head down to your nearest wreckers and grab a 5 3/4 inch halogen headlight off a BMW and try that. If that fits, you should be fine. My 200B has BMW halogens and they fit fine. The back is much larger though, and sticks out further, but there is enough room for them in the 200B headlight holders.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:06 pm 

Thanks for the clue....I take it you are referring to the Halo BMW beams.....slim chance of a wreck here......perhaps a visit to a dealer. If I can get passed security with a 510 h/l bucket and rings in hand... :D
Latest intel from a US friend says..."They (Prostreetlighting) just e-mailed me back and they are USA pattern only.."
This about puts them in the too hard basket....win no friends with lights in oncoming drivers eyes on LOW beam.?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:25 pm 

Yep. End of story. Maybe there is an option from Japan but the $$$ss will be significant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:54 pm 

midlifecrisisss wrote:
Thanks for the clue....I take it you are referring to the Halo BMW beams.....slim chance of a wreck here......perhaps a visit to a dealer. If I can get passed security with a 510 h/l bucket and rings in hand... :D
Latest intel from a US friend says..."They (Prostreetlighting) just e-mailed me back and they are USA pattern only.."
This about puts them in the too hard basket....win no friends with lights in oncoming drivers eyes on LOW beam.?
Really? They don't need to be current model ones. Should be plenty of mid 90's BMWs floating round in wrecker's yards.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:58 pm 

Mid 90's BMW's have a headlight unit though, not independant lenses, they more like what's on a bluebird as apposed to a 1600.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:01 pm 

Rat Dat wrote:
Mid 90's BMW's have a headlight unit though, not independant lenses, they more like what's on a bluebird as apposed to a 1600.
I can't remember the exact model/year BMW I got my lights from, just that it was old, but not really old.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:17 pm 

I put in BMW igh beam headlight into my 1600 with no modifications whatsover. Not sure about the low beams due to the closeness of the battery in the factory location. But think it will fit okay.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:56 pm 

Has anyone tried these ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SMOKE-BM ... ccessories

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 am 

I wonder how good the projector lens is with both the aftermarket eBay items and the original BMW lights. Is it a clean cut horizontal line where the light starts and stops (typical projector pattern)?

Hmmm if they are all designed for driving on the other side of the road, could they be changed to suit Australian driving?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:16 pm 

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=22100

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:03 pm 

anybody tried the kit from bluewire motorsport i think there based in adelaide too
http://bluewiremotorsport.com/products/ ... n-1600-kit

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:55 am 

that's nice except for the price.
i've bought some off these guys before and was happy with the quality
http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/Headlights.html
XT-6004SCWLED is the type you need and they are under $100 / pair

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:01 pm 

oh cool they sound good and you dont have to cut them up to get the angel eye ring? its in built then u fit h4 globes? and do you have any pics of them on a car? cheers for the link :thumbsup: