Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: Brake choice
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:55 pm 

James May wrote:
green200b wrote:
James May wrote:
240K twin spot brake callipers fit right on. If you have the '79-'81 girlock brakes, at least. I've just done the conversion and put braided lines on and the car will almost stop on a dime. And that's with stock 200B rotors that to my knowledge have never been replaced.

Although rebuilt 200B callipers with fresh rotors and pads will be almost, if not just as good.
I'll second that, 200B brakes will be fine for a standard or mild L20B. Although if you do put some more power through it then the 240K brakes are definately worth it as well. I was quite impressed at how they performed on my 200B when they were the only working brakes. For rears, you can upgrade to Bluebird discs if you replace the entire diff assembly, but it's not really worth doing until you're making some more power.
A quick cheap upgrade is to fit 260Z drums on the rear. The brake drums will fit fine on the standard 200B shoes, but they are lighter and cool down much faster.
True, true. Well, that is what I was told too. Putting in the bluebird discs seems a whole lot.

Post subject: Re: Brake choice
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:40 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Food for thought, I am currently getting a pair of 200B calipers rebuilt for my 200B wagon. I was quoted $70 per side, plus $30 per piston should they need to be replaced. So $200 at the worst.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.