Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:40 pm 

Hello all.
I'm a new member and although I don't own a Datsun 200B I used to many moons ago.
I live in the western suburbs of Sydney and after reading the forums I decided that I wanted to join.
I owned a 1977 Datsun 200B ( at the time it was 18 months old and my foster father bought it new) and it was dark metalic green.
It was also an import and not built in OZ.
Not many mods but here we go:
45 Webber
Tinted windows
Rear Window Louvre
Headlight covers
Late model SX grille
Blacked out headlight surrounds
Early model SX front spoiler ( painted to match body colour)
100 watt Hella ( rectangle) driving lights under front bar
100 watt Hella (round ) driving lights behind grille
100 watt aircraft landing lights replaced high beams
95/65 sealed beam normal lights
Upgraded stereo inside
HO Phase 111 rear wing on boot ( body colour)
Installed centre roof antenna and removed one on drivers side A piller
Basically it was pretty stock.
This site has woken me up to the realisation that Dattos are cool.
I used to cop a lot of flack in the day for owning a " 180B with 20 more mistakes" but in the end it was my baby until I killed it.
I have some pics around somewhere so I'll have to find and post them

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:47 pm 

TUBBS wrote:
" 180B with 20 more mistakes"

lol

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:53 am 

Hi,
I'm a newbie too, but I just bought my first car - a Datsun 120Y, the classic first car :)
I havent got any fancey mods on it, but it's in great condition for a 34 year old car, original interior and an engine that runs like a beast. The good news is, I can service it myself cause the engines are so simple!

The Datmobile is here to stay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

If your a newbie and you know it post here,
If your a newbie and you know it, and you really want to show it,
:giggle:

Welcome to ozdat. :hug:

Tell us a bit about yourself if you like, and if you currently have a Datsun start a members ride thread about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:31 pm 

Hi Everyone

Recently ive joined ozdat, but have been reading on the forums for a while. Ive just bought a '72 model Datsun 510, completely original and unmolested. Original L16, 4 speed box, interior and bodywork all standard. Im planning on a complete rebuild, from bare metal through to possibly an fj, sr or L20. This is my first datto so its going to be a learning curve!

Over the next few months ill be getting stuck into it so no doubt will be throwing a few questions around.

Im in Canberra so hopefully there are a few members in the area to lend a hand :)

Cheers
Ben

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 pm 
Old Digger

Welcome! There are quite a few switched on fellas in Canberra mate. Can you fill your location in your user control panel, so everyone knows your location when you post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:24 pm 

G'Day all.

Newbie to this site but not to Datsuns. Grew up with Datsuns owned around 8 different vehicles (1200, 1200 Coupe X2, 180B, 240C Coupe I wish I still had this beast and 3 1600's) my pride and joy was a Brown 1600 2lt twin SU, full cage, fully adjustable front end, purchased from a rally car, the car drove like it was on rails, not a great deal of power but on Tassies windy roads it was fantastic, along came the wife and 2 kids and the need for a house outgrew the need for a Datsun, sold the car with 10 years worth of gathered spare parts including a running 1600 Wagon, anyway, we live and learn by our mistakes and I am sure there are many on here that sit down and cry at what they have sold in the past. Anyway 10 years on and the passion that never really left is back with a vengance and I will be purchasing very soon. I will keep you informed of my purchase hopefully sooner rather than later.

Cheers Julian.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:25 pm 

Hi all!! My first post here, I have had my One Owner (well I am the second owner, but she's only ever been regestered to one person) 1975 260c for about 4 years now. She had just over 67,000 kms on the clock (genuine) She's the full on Grandpa pack, with colour coded steel sun visor etc...

I am chasing some tech tips, so I'll have a hunt around! and will put up some pics when I find where I saved them on the new PC (GRRR!!)

Cheers.

Adam.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 am 

hi guys my names rick.
i have just become a member of ozdat
to help out some guys with there cars.
i run a pannel shop/wreckers from melbourne
we also set up cars for curcut raccing ,
drag raccing, rotary engines,and very day driving
we also do restoration work on mazdas
and chrome work,metal polishing
we specialize in older cars from 1980 down.
will be good to meet some of you guys and try to help out
i do have some datsun parts not much as.
were trying to get datsun stock in.
my bussnes name is
MAZBITZ MELBOURNE
03 94624001

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 pm 

Hello all my names Gary. Im one of the older blokes on here i would say. Building a 180b with a FJ20 in it. Will post up pictures soon. Had a few cars over the years from a 200b to a couple of 1600's and everything else in between. Lost everything a while ago when a court case did not go my way and had to sell everything (women). So im starting again with the B. Any way nice to meet you all :thumbsup: Yes that is a photo of me dressed up when i was younger :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:33 am 

Hey All, I'm new here. Just bought a B110. For now it's a junk. For I'm hunting for parts for my car, once parts in hand, I'll start to rip the car a part for the restroration. I'm here to learn more about Datsun. Cause i'm a Mazda man. Falling in love with Datsun when i saw my friends ute. By the way I'm from Malaysia. Cheers. :D
~Affa~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:38 pm 

Hey all,
I am very new here, made a few random posts but definately new. :)

My name is Troy, I am 35 and from Perth. My first car was a mustard colored 4door 180b, had it back in 1992 or so. How i loved her before I lost my license (young stupid behavior) and let my step father use it as a company car, never to return.
Being a dodgey punk/bandguy type, I am only just getting my license back now, and have a deposit on a 1970 1200 coupe I am picking up in April. His name is Miles and he is in pretty good condition!
I am an I.T guy (Unix/Linux/Windows Server admin) but really want to learn about fixing up my car and getting it to some stage of 'awesomeness', which to me means cutting out the rust, replacing it with new metal, and a mildly worked a12 with some retro style (watanabe? hotwires? simmonds?) 14's. Thanks to years of playing in hardcore and grindcore bands, the DIY thing is really important to me, would rather learn how to do something than pay someone else to do it (if possible)
I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions, some stupid so please be patient, I might fix your computer for you :D
Everyone on this forum has been awesome, the Datsun community seems really tight knit and collaborative. Right up my alley
Troy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:33 pm 

OK so I shoulda posted my newbie thread here, watched lurchs instruction video and have seen the error of my ways!! Have owned previously;
!600 in mint condition ( my first car), ended up on its roof 10k out of Alawoona, still havent forgiven myself.
Six more 1600's after that including an ex Group G Rally car from Queensland (3/4 race cam, Twin .45mm webers, LSD, 4W Discs, hydraulic handbrake, etc,etc.).
2 door 240K in original condition (thrashed it til it died then flogged it off in 1991).
A 260C that blew so much smoke on a trailing throttle it looked like it was on fire.
Currently a 240K Rally Car (Triple .40mm webers, full race cam, welded diff, 1/2 roll cage, Koni adjustables) awaiting some dollars to be thrown at it and a stock 240K 5 Spd sedan near mint.
Posted some pics on members rides for those who are interested.

Marty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 pm 

Hi guys, im Luke from Adelaide, have had many & still have several Datsuns! My Datto love affair began 15yrs ago & hasnt stopped, nor does it look it ever will! Used to be an Automotive parts interpreter, now at uni studying science. Have a few Dattos at the mo, a 1600 project, 240z tarmac rally project, 180bsss (for sale) & an R31 wagon daily! I will eventually make a build thread, but for now just this intro!
See you around! :)

'71 Datsun S30 240z
'87 Nissan Skyline R31 wagon
'97 Nissan Stagea RSfourV

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:54 pm 

Hello, Douggy from Hobart here. Newbie to the forum, so thought I'd post here. My story? well, my first car was a 1975 Datsun 180B SSS, bought it off my brother. Well, the story is longer than that. My brother bought it from a local guy, in primer finish. Shortly after, my brother joined the army and was sent off to Kapooka and then Albury Woodonga. So he sold it back to the guy he bought it from, who set about finishing the build and paint. On a leave trip back home, my brother saw it in all its completed glory, and bought it again. had it shipped to Vic and drove it the rest of the way to Albury Woodonga. When I got my license soon after, He sold it to me, I shipped it back to Tassie, and absolutely loved it!!! Sold it afew years later when I went through the obligatory "early Holden stage". So here is my mission: To find my 180B SSS, and live the dream again. I sold it to a guy (cant remember who) in about 1997. He was intending to drive it while he was doing up a 1600. If anyone can help in anyway to locate it, or knows of it, or what happened to it, I'd be VERY appreciative. If you saw it you would remember it. Mostly seen around the Huon and Kingston areas in Tassie in the mid to late 90's. red, ridiculously low, with massive camber on the rear wheels. Spitfire Mk II mags, often mistakenly called Westerns. Rego number was AJ 4875. I know that it was last registered in 2002, but thats all I can find out. If anyone can help, send me a PM.