Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:01 pm 

Hey. My daily driver was written off last weekend so i am looking for a new car. I am thinking of buying a ute, either 4x4 or just 2x4 (Navara, Hilux, Rodeo). But also looking at sedans. I have a budget of between 3 and 5 big ones. My only real requirement is that it be rear wheel drive and either be a ute or something capable of towing. I am having great difficulties in finding a decent ute in my price range, so i have begun to check out other options. I now see why commondores and falcons are so popular in this price range, because they are pretty much the only RWD cars which are plentiful and in decent condition. There are Skylines i know, but wherever i look i cant even find one of them thats decent.

So just wondering what peoples oppinions are, or what you have payed for for a Ute and if you'd recomend one over the other.

Cheers Riley.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:03 pm 

i know its a bit out of your price range but i just bought a mazda BT50 4x2 and i think its great, it has enough power to do anything i want it to do, and it tows our 700kg kart trailer real good. it has a 2.5L diesel, 105kw and 330nm, but in your price range i would probly go with a vt commodore or an au falcon because their about that price range

1971 1600, mild L18, 5 speed

All I want is less to do, more time to do it and higher pay for not getting it done.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:01 pm 

whats the go with diesel. My dad says its more economical but it costs heaps more. Does it work out cheaper?
I am going to have a look at a mazda b2000 on wednesday. Looks pretty good/clean is on str8 gas and has a massive tray and has been jacked up. Still, the search continues :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:13 pm 

i got the diesel for the extra power, and it also uses less fuel so double bonus. i recken it uses half the fuel of the datto and it goes harder then it also :?

1971 1600, mild L18, 5 speed

All I want is less to do, more time to do it and higher pay for not getting it done.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:23 am 

I think you should get a cheap run around daily piece of sh*t and put the rest of your insurance payout into your datsun project :thumbsup:

Or - this would pull a trailer :giggle: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FX-FJ-SEDAN-PROJ ... dZViewItem

Or - this isn't that ugly and would tow :P http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1999-AU-FORD-FAI ... dZViewItem

YES IM A CHICK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:45 pm 

VR, VS, XH ute on gas. game over.
or you could go even cheaper and head into the XF ute on gas, will be cheap as
just get new doorhandles for it :lol: