Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:55 pm 

Nad015 wrote:
Cool dude, is that just headers no exhaust at all.?

Have u actually got to drive the car properly yet after the engine build?

yeah just headers, no exhaust... i think the neighbors now hate me lol.

i've taken it for a quick spin down for fresh fuel, it definitely needs to see some dyno time for a proper tune, but even now with it running rough the difference is night and day, just a very strong motor in all respects... it has very little under 2k or so maybe a bit higher, but after that it starts pulling pretty hard... and thats without really letting it rev... i've been trying to keep it under that 4k sort of mark...

all in all while it'd certainly no horsepower monster, it's already a damn nice improvement over my last couple of A motors...

now i just can't wait to get an exhaust on it and book her in for some dyno time...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:41 pm 

hey guys! been a while between updates, but my girl is finally on the road!!

been absolutely LOVING driving her like crazy, been on the road less than a week and already put 700km on the clock, but thats what she's built for!

thought i'd just post a little update with a current pic, i've added my set of 13x6 Advan A3C, lowered her a little, and i should have some more goodies coming next week!

but thanks for looking!

[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:15 pm 

Very nice for a sunny. What's coming

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:04 pm 

unfamilia wrote:
Very nice for a sunny. What's coming
thanks buddy! i really like the idea of playing with sunny's, besides the fact i just love them, it's not a model you see often modified out here...

honestly i'm not yet sure 100%, i should have some guard mirrors on their way already, but i'm unsure whether or not i'll fit them yet... i'll basically mock them up and then decide, i do love the idea of them, and i ADORE them on my KE70 wagon, but i'm just not sold yet... i've got tires on order as well, some nice Federal 595's, i have them on my daily and just love them, going 185's and 205s on the rear, fresh shocks are a maybe also depending how my week goes, also trying to find a 'Datsun' badged rocker cover but who knows what else i'll pick up between now and then... i've been spending too much time on ebay lately... lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:00 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Great to see you have this going.
Notice much difference with the engine mods?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:24 pm 

Nad015 wrote:
Great to see you have this going.
Notice much difference with the engine mods?

yeah definitely a nice solid improvement, the 1st day or two of having it on the road i was a little disappointed in it, however after running some fresh fuel through her, as well as a couple of minor things like getting some decent plug leads into it, it's really become a lot nicer... but my biggest issue i feel is that my daily driver is quite an angry 355 caprice, so hopping out of that and into the datsun was always going to be a step back in strait line performance, add in i was driving the datsun in more of a way i would my daily, so keeping revs low, expecting the sheer torque to pull it along, and performance wise i was quite disappointed...

but now i've got my head around it, and gotten used to the way it reacts etc, it's a HUGE improvement over what it was, and definitely money well spent, my biggest thing now is just waiting to get a good tune on it, i feel the venturi's are too big, and it's running a bit rich, plus the timing etc is basically set to the stock specs, it's really just in a basic 'get her running' kinda state, so sorting all that out should see a nice gain once again...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:14 am 

Bit late on this one, but some of the problem might be that you appear to be running the vaccum advance cut off, which turns off the vaccum advance in 1st,2nd & 3rd gear. That's the vaccum solenoid sitting on the inlet manifold. It's done purely for emissions purposes, but that lovely, shiny, did I say lovely yet, DCOE weber blows that too the side of the road. DCOE's usually don't have a vaccum port for the advance anyway. Could be there but I can;t see from that angle. Other than that, love the colour, the wheels suit the car & it's good to see you're enjoying it as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:02 am 

hey guys! so as usual, i'm continuing to slowly work on my girl, i'm in no hurry with anything, just truly enjoying the build and taking my time... but a couple of minor changes have happened...

1st up and mainly, i had the engine bay completely rewired, with everything hidden away, including the battery and washer bottle etc, as well as fitting an internally reg'd alt, which happens to be off a Subaru Leone, for anyone interested, was direct bolt on, same size pulley and everything and is i believe 65a? it still need to have the engine bay actually painted, as well as re routing a few hoses and whatnot, but as i said, it's a slow process i'm just taking my time with, it's a build for me, so i have no deadlines like shows etc...

[ img ]

[ img ]

as such obviously the battery has been moved the boot, as well as being upgraded to a Fullriver HC35, it's slightly overkill for what i needed, i could have gotten away with a smaller HC20, but i'm a BIG fan of quality batteries and i ended up buying 3x HC35's as starting batteries for my main cars, so the datsun got one as well...

[ img ]

here's a video showing idle voltage etc, and it's also a bit of an excuse to film the car idling away, i love the note on this thing...

https://youtu.be/KNO-q3BDzc8

next i also added guard mirrors, i'm not overly happy with them so i'll be ordering a pair of genuine nissan mirrors soon in the similar style, but also managed to get her out to a Cars and Coffee event a month or so back...

[ img ]

and just for the sake of it, have an extra pic of my B310 next to my KE70... i have bit of an issue with boxy 80's J-tin it would seem lol

[ img ]

as usual, thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:07 pm 

Engine bay is looking great, I too am a big fan of the bit-by-bit approach.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:20 am 

oooh, i thought this thread was little more up to date, i guess not!!

well we shall make this a somewhat short story then!!

1st up i ended up lowering her a little further, and decided to roll my guards to gain a little more clearance, unfortunately i found a little TOO much clearence and things just didn't look right any more... this was the PERFECT excuse for me to spend way too much money and buy another set of the exact same wheels i already had, except ones which had been rebuilt by Barrel Bros in a nicer size and offset... going from 13x6" +10, to 13x7 -6

[ img ][/URL]

these have brilliant polished lips, as well as diamond cut faces, and all repainted etc, they are to my understanding, the ONLY Set to have been modified worldwide, as well as being an extremely rare period wheel as it stands, i only know of 3x sets of Advan a3c's in Aus (2 sets are mine, and there's a set of 14"s floating around too) as well as only a small handful of them else where in the world... i had them fitted with 175/70/13 Goodyears, to help them squeeze in under the guards

so that was sorted, i won't bore with the details, but took a decent amount of work to fit, front guards have been stretched around an inch or so either side to clear, as well as trimming the bottom front corner either side for clearance at full lock, and the rear arches have been rolled hard, and kicked out a smidge too, but in the end they fit quite well!

so got the wheels on, gave her a wash

[ img ]

and we now have this...

[ img ][/URL]

[ img ][/URL]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:02 am 

Very nice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:52 am 

those wheels are amazing