Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: Wardys Sedan project
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:07 pm 

bit of an update.. new engine and box is sitting in.. most datto lovers will hate it but meh, its my car lol..

S4 13BT, bridgeported, dowelled, all rebuilt with SCR seals etc etc, running a GT42R turbo, 1000cc primaries and 1600cc secondary injectors.. Ford toploader 4 speed manual gearbox, vertical gate shifter, liberty straight cut gears and sliders, DCS Billett twn plate clutch..

Engine made 300rwkw on only 14psi on pump fuel!.. ill be upping it to around 22psi and either E85 or meth and try to crack 450rwkw!.. should run in the very low 9 sec et's with that power.
The front seats are gone as they didnt work well with harnesses, so i have a set of kirkey alluminium race seats on order, ill be getting covers made for them to suit the rest of the inside.. also ditched the front convo pros as they ended up being the wrong offset (Duh!) so i have a set of 15x3.5 weld allumastars in black ordered, should look pretty sweet..

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Had to mod my crossmember and make a new sump to get the engine to sit where i wanted it, so here are a few pics of that

Sump before i started
[ img ]

Chopped up and bits added
[ img ]
[ img ]

Almost finished! just gotta work out where the pickup will sit, then do the final welding and ad a bung
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Crossmember

[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 pm 

Engine and gearbox crossmembers are all done! cutting the hole for the shifter and where the turbo will be sitting tomorrow. also fitting up the diff properly so i can bring it home. pics of that tomorrow night..

Cruised up to sydney this morning and picked up a couple of goodies.. my super comfy front seats and new front wheels!

[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:58 pm 

Bought the car home today finally, great to have it at my own place again to work on it at will.. so i took some pics because i was bored..

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 pm 

Cut the hole and fitted the shifter up tonight after work, bloody cold in the garage lol.. looks pretty menacing in there! Cant wait to have my week off work and get this thing done.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:26 pm 

Not a great deal to update.. spent yesterday putting a new turbo on a mates SR powered S13.

Local swap meet today.. managed to stumble across 2x 1200 sedan rear bumpers, $30 each.. managed to take both home for $30! haha cheering.

Swapped my struts left to right and fitted up my brakes, they look pretty sweet and the wheels only just clear them which im pretty happy about.

[ img ]
[ img ]

Also knocked up the new seat rails, only had enough steel for one tho lol, will make the other tomorrow.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:31 pm 
Old Digger

Nice! Did you screw down the sump before you zipped everything up?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:44 pm 

yeh, was bolted to some 15mm plate. Just unbolted for photos, still only tacked together, will be finishing that on my week off. Lookin forward to it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:07 pm 

few goodies turned up today!.. was like a kid at christmas

Have 99% of my fuel system now, just need a y-block and a couple of adaptors, then get a stainless piece made for my pumps and surge tank to fit to.

Also got my new clutch from Drew @ Direct Clutch Services.. looks fantastic and i hope to deal with him again in the future

couple of pics-
[ img ]
[ img ]

Also ordered some genuine flywheel bolts from the local mazda dealer..

So this weekends work will include, pulling engine and box, fitting flywheel and clutch, fit brake lines, refit engine and box, cut hole in the inner guard for the turbo to fit. And upon further inspection i have noticed that because of how low it is the tailshaft will foul on the shaft tunnel... so ill be cutting it out and making another one
May also get the fuel lines fitted up

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:40 pm 

few small updated pics while im havin lunch! fuel system is 99% done, just waiting on some fittings for my pumps,came out pretty good. Wastegate and radiator are on the way, also got some steampipe yesty to start making up the exhaust manifold. engine mounts are all welded on. clutch and flywheel all bolted up. today im mounting the clutch master and the shifter on the box. will probably cut the shaft tunnel out and start installing a new one.. i gave the engine a lick of paint while it was out too.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 pm 

h.o.l.y sh*t!

Puts my 1200 to shame

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:52 am 

Hows this project goin Wardy??

1955 Chev 2Door 383
1932 Ford Roadster 350