Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:50 pm 

As soon as you start cracking into it, you'll be fine. I'd try not to go too overboard with all the tools though. You can do a lot with a little! Focus on one car at a time the most important one. I'm looking forward to watching the progress, you'd be surprised how many guy's in their 50's still have the drive to restore old cars!
Good stuff on the replacement panels! Muscle car parts and Automotive Panel Craft, both in Australia make replacement panels for the 1600's! Pricey, but they're top notch and if you need to completely replace a part, then they'd be hard to beat!

Previous Car: Restored Green 1972 Datsun 510, Hot L18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:24 am 

Yeah most definately I will look into those rust repair parts.Speaking of parts my other parts came down from QLD yesterday.4 good doors 1 guard and 2 bonnets.The lower guards are rusted and will need the lower sections repaired..Now I am just thinking that I can hand fabricate lower sections bashing steel into hardwood forms.My friends make their medieval armour pieces like that and I must have made 6 or 7 Hardwood forms for them.Lower guards should be easy.I am not too keen on using gal sheet metal but like my mates they salvage old car bonnets and roof bits for sheet metal.I figure you may as well rebuild old cars with car meta hey..Real pissed with the Missus cause she got herself a pretty good Datto better than mine and Aparently its only just run out of rego.It failed rego for boot channel rust.Hopefully I can weld in some patches and it will pass rego.I have more than enough gear now so hopefully I can actually start the long process on my Datto.In the mean time O can Drive the Missus Datto.I hope you folk can read this cause I did it with out my glasses.

DatsEZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:43 pm 

Nice to see a new project underway, good stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:35 am 

Just one thing to go and that's an engine hoist.I should get one today.I can get 3 extra L series motors for free so I will grab them .None are running but out of the Motors I have I should get 1 decent candidate to do a rebuild from.With my wife's car we decided to get it road worthy and registered to drive.Since my Datsun is getting striped I am using my car to get the wifes registered.I will take the best parts off my car for hers..Once my Datsun nears completion her Datsun will get stripped down too.I really wanted to strip down two cars at once but my car is the worst and needs all the rust issues addressed now rather than later.
DatsEZ