Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:27 pm 

looking good!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:05 pm 

Will definitely be following this thread as I have an Autech sitting on a stand waiting to go into my car. When I bought my engine it came with the original 6spd gearbox and lucky for me it has a port on the tail shaft housing where you can fit an S14 worm drive and run the stock speedo setup. I'm matching it to a 4.44 R180 clutch LSD out of a wrx sti. A couple of people have told me that it is a great combo.

As for the wiring, I'm getting PLMS to modify the autech wiring loom and he is pairing it with a S14 SR20DE ECU. He has done this setup for a few rally guys running autechs and said it works well.

Have your headers been ceramic coated? They look really nice and shiney.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:36 pm 

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

MangaNOID- that would be awesome mate, if I can I would like to run the stock autech computer and loom; but I haven't found anyone who has done that yet so i'm thinking there must be a reason.

I know the autech computer isn't able to be nistuned but I figure the increase in power on an already tuned NA motor wouldn't be significant anyway; glad to hear you are happy with the power though.

Are you still running 6 speed or 5?

eskylid_1600- cool rig mate sounds very similar to my plans. Have emailed Pete from PLMS and he is great with info but just doesn't have the time to do a loom for me at the moment which is fair enough given how busy he is.

I have a Wiring Specialties S15DET- 1600 loom from the states and DET coilpacks, CAS, etc so an option I have is to use all that gear and get the computer Nistuned to suit the Autech. This would be really neat and give me the max power potential of the motor but it will add $1500 to my conversion cost; and in other news I did $6K damage to my teeth this long weekend... but that's another story!

My factory coating on the extractors was shagged so I just wet sanded and polished them, I know they won't stay that shiny but it does the trick for $0 for now.

Cheers

Matt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:24 pm 

What did you do to you teeth bro?? $6k!!!! Bloody hell?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:38 pm 

+1 on updates waiting for MangaNoid and
+1 on the teeth!? What happened?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:31 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I'm on to it! but its more involved than I thought.

so far I'm pretty sure I have finalised the ECU PINS.

the problem at the moment is the smaller white connector (F4 connector?) on the harness, as some of those wires go directly to the harness plugs, mostly for Ignition 'ON' relayed 12V power, (or at least that is how I have them setup) for injectors, VCT, AAC valve, O2 sensor. I have a relayed fuse box for these 12v power and then relays for fuel pump, coolant fan and ECU.

what I have done works (without fail for 10+ years) but may not be 'the right' way of doing it.

my s14 harness does not have the plug as I must have chopped it off 10+ years ago or something else which I forget. so I got to figure out a few of them. and believe me my wiring setup is NOT neat like PLMS awesome work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:28 am 

Thanks Gents!

Long story short, was at my bro in laws bucks weekend, first night out on a rural property, 8 of us polished a keg of coopers then put some rage against the machine on

We were moshing around the fire with schooner glasses in our hands, a mate and I accidentally crashed into each other, his schooner glass smashed in my mouth chipped 4 teeth and cracked one on half!

Had half a tooth out last week and root canal therapy started

Find out this week hopefully if they can save the remaining part of the tooth or if I'm up for a full implant to replace it

Fun times haha

But I'm going to keep pushing forward on this thing regardless, L series gear comes out in about 3 weeks time then I'm into it!

Cheers Guys!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:02 am 

Started playing Autech last night!

Pulled the inlet and Mocked up another that I polished, lots of painting polishing and detailing to go

Last day of L series service this weekend, then time to get cracking on the conversion

Apologies if pic is upside down my phone is playing games with me at the moment!

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
image.jpeg [ 1.31 MiB | Viewed 5658 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:17 pm 

MY110 wrote:
Started playing Autech last night!

Pulled the inlet and Mocked up another that I polished, lots of painting polishing and detailing to go

Last day of L series service this weekend, then time to get cracking on the conversion

Apologies if pic is upside down my phone is playing games with me at the moment!
That looks fantastic mate. How did you polish the manifold like that?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:18 pm 

Thanks mate!

Lots of hours basically!

Sanded with an air tool whizzer with disks on it, then sanded through the grades wet from about 120- 2000

Still working on the rocker cover to match

Will try to dig up some progress pics

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:20 pm 

Progress pics

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
image.jpeg [ 1.57 MiB | Viewed 5613 times ]
[ attachment ]
image.jpeg [ 1.7 MiB | Viewed 5613 times ]
[ attachment ]
image.jpeg [ 1.45 MiB | Viewed 5614 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:24 pm 

Here's where I'm up to with prettying up the Autech motor, still some more work to do on it, maybe another 2 days on the rocker cover for example lol

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
image.jpeg [ 1.28 MiB | Viewed 5613 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:12 pm 

Nice work that will look schmick in your engine bay. I remember a mate of mine polished up everything in his Holden Gemini's bay. He used a bench polishing wheel with blocks of compound, which apparently sped up the process a bit.

Are you going to do the throttle body as well or leave it black?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:14 am 

Do you cover the raw aluminium with anything (such as a clear coat paint) to stop it from oxidising?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:53 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

eskylid_1600 wrote:
Nice work that will look schmick in your engine bay. I remember a mate of mine polished up everything in his Holden Gemini's bay. He used a bench polishing wheel with blocks of compound, which apparently sped up the process a bit.

Are you going to do the throttle body as well or leave it black?
I've done a little bit of polishing, still gotta go through the sanding process then you start with the different buff wheels and compounds.
Aluminium turns out real nice.